Wishlist/Wanted list BL/BO

I'm both a seller and a buyer, but I'm new to gathering parts for a project of my own. I'm in the position where I have purchased items on both BL and BO for the same project. I have wanted lists/wishlists on both platforms, but does anyone how I can combine the two, to see what is left to order?

I'm also using Brickstore, so perhaps someone knows a workaround via that program? All help and ideas are welcome! :)

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It's for this project by the way! :D
  • Hmmm... I don't think a tool like Bricksync is really designed for this. But perhaps your could export your orders to an intermediary tool such as Brickstore, then compare that list to your overall list?

If you create your inventory (overall list) in Brickstore - which you can then export using XML to BO or that other place - I used to then comment on each item where I bought it from and when to be able to track my orders. Then I'd delete the item from the inventory when I validated that I had it in-hand. That was a huge help when I was parting out some large UCS sets years back. Klunky but it works! :-)
  • Quite a workaround indeed. I'm only chasing 220 lots, so it's manageable to do it manually, but once the projects get bigger...

I managed to add my BO purchase order lines to Rebrickable, but am yet to find out how I can get my "have" quantities from BL. I can at least create an updated wanted/wish list from Rebrickable, once I have added the items on there. Getting closer!
  • edited February 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Sounds like you should just make all your buys from Brickowl and call it good! ;-)
  • For the ones that are interested in this topic, I have found a workaround.

In Rebrickable you can create part lists, to which you can import orders from BrickOwl. You can also set properties to the list as in whether you want to use them for a MOC or not.
    For BL, you can't import a wanted list with Have quantities, but you can duplicate the wanted list, set all the Wanted quantities to your Have quantities and import that list to Rebrickable as well.

Once you are on your MOC page, you can click Build MOC, which will tell you what parts you are missing. This allows you to create new wanted/wishlists and start over the process for the remaining pieces.

Or, as Calibrick mentioned, just only order via Brickowl :lol: Still could be tricky if you're saving up for multiple MOCs at the same time though.