Do buyers ever get FB that is not positive ?

Thus far, I've not seen any members (as a buyer) with FB that was other than positive. Is it possible for a buyer to get negative FB ?

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Nope, buyers can only receive positive feedback. It's to help against feedback blackmailing and such.
  • Which, in one context, is a good thing, but in a different context, it leaves sellers a bit in the dark.
  • I'm pretty sure there is a way to report a buyer. If you click on one of your orders, then scroll to the bottom, you can see the amount of problems a buyer has had in the last year. So we're not entirely in the dark.
  • > If you click on one of your orders

So, we have the ability to block a buyer, but we're not able to see any past problems until after they have placed an order. The blocking would have to be based on a past order, or a public announcement of a problem with the buyer (which I suspect would be frowned upon).
  • Yes, but if a problematic buyer (or seller) has been reported a few times, admin will have a look and take action against the account.
    So there should not really be a reason to block a user upfront.

And as seller you can always leave (positive) feedback with actual (negative) text.
    But there is no ranking as is on Bricklink to preventive block users
  • I believe you can also file an issue report here on BO against a customer (I've been fortunate and have never even been close to needing to do so)...

I do actually have two users blocked from my store, so there are reasons for some (at least in my case).

I'm super laid back and have a thick skin, but one was just an extremely unpleasant person with unreasonable expectations and the other makes delivery and used part demands that are simply unattainable by anyone, despite being respectfully told as much (e.g., expecting a store to manage USPS drivers and give USPS drivers specific instructions on how to handle the shipment).