Suggestion: support "any color" in a Wishlist. Support manual finding of similar parts.

Presently one can make a wishlist.
Then click "Buy Wishlist".
And automatically allocate items to stores.

Often the bulk of parts can be handled easily with two or three stores. The feature suggestion is to be able to highlight any leftover unallocated items and ask the question "what's the closest match in a store I am _already_ ordering from?".

Maybe a small tweak to color, condition, or mold will find a match.
This can help keep the average order size larger, reducing the number of stores to fulfill a given wishlist.
Nobody makes money selling one part o:).
Shipping costs are expensive.

----------------------------------------
Maybe that part available in a similar color?
A mold variation?
Or maybe color does not matter -- the color could be set to "Any".
Or maybe more than one color would be ok --- list three or four shades of gray as ok.

This would not change the underlying wishlist, just apply a substitution in the ordering process.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I agree that this would be very helpful. I made a design using the LEGO Digital Designer, whose design file can be imported to a wishlist (an extremely helpful feature!). In the design I chose colors just to make it easy to distinguish different pieces, but the colors are irrelevant to the end design (it's functional, not aesthetic). When trying to purchase my wishlist, the automatic process is getting stuck trying to find pieces of certain colors, which are irrelevant.
  • Just to clarify, it is already possible to add an item to your wish list in "any color". You can just choose "any color" from the drop down menu when adding an item to your wish list
  • Wow. I did not know that, and it's right at the top as well!
This discussion has been closed.