How does Brickowl determine inventory for minifigs?

BL goes by the official instructions to determine the inventory of a minifigure, and I've always thought that was the case with Brickowl, but I'm coming up with some discrepancies on certain minifigures. Seems brickowl does not consider ice skates or friends hair accessories (bows, flowers, etc.) as part of the minifigure while BL does. I always go by the BL inventory, so it's not really a problem for me as my BO customers are getting "extra" accessories with certain minifigures.

So I'm just curious as to what is BO's policy for minifigures and how they determine what pieces belong in the inventory.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The only discrepancy is the hair attachments, due to the fact when friends came out there was several colors of same accessories put on the same figure. Skates should be a part of the figure, as Brickowl does follow LEGO instructions for attachments and the common place not anything held in the hand.

@Lawrence Is it time to correct the Friends to match BL?
  • Doesn't BO (and BL for that matter?) simply import the minifig inventories from LEGO's API? Though certainly older ones were manually created that the API doesn't provide, which could be the source for some discrepancies... (this is a question - I'm only speculating based on observation the past four years).
  • Lego's api doesn't have minifigure inventories. They only have set inventories. Which parts go into a minifigure inventory is decided by the sites themselves. In most cases Brick Owl, Bricklink and Rebrickable will have the same inventory for a minifigure but in some cases there can be differences.
  • Ahhhh thanks for the clarification, Paul!