USPS surcharges effective 3 April 2022

Tucked down in the footnotes (Notice 123), for Commercial Priority Mail and Parcel Select ...

4. Parcels that exceed 22 inches but not greater than 30 inches in length, add $4.00. (Effective April 3, 2022)

5. Parcels that exceed 30 inches in length, add $15.00. (Effective April 3, 2022)

6. Parcels that exceed 2 cubic feet (3456 cubic inches), add $15.00. (Effective April 3, 2022)

The last one is really going to hurt, and I do have a few boxes that are 24-inches long.

I'm not sure how we will fit these into the BO shipping calculations.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Oh wow, I am sooooooooooo glad you saw this, Nita, I had no idea! For me, this means I will need to setup additional shipping options for these two classes and modify my existing ones to split the size base. Sigh.
  • @Calibrick As to individual sets, I know which ones (in my inventory) are going to exceed 22" length, there are about 14 or 15 of them. One way is to tag those listings to require a quote.

For the two cubic feet, I can try to corral those with the Volume Limit. I'm not sure how that would work out, if it involves multiple sets. There are only 1 or 2 sets that might exceed the volume limit individually.
  • One other thought ... I'm not convinced that those three surcharge statements are mutually exclusive. It may well be that a package that is both larger than 2 cu-ft and is longer than 30" could be hit with a $30 (or $34) surcharge. Number 6, concerning parcel volume, is obviously in addition to the dimensional calculation, so it stands to reason that they any/all are applied as they are triggered.
  • edited February 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My head spins. :-) BTW, you have become a super valuable contributor to the BO community, if you don't mind my saying, Nita Rae! Highlighting information such as this that clearly I missed (so others may have too) is a truly awesome thing to point out to your fellow sellers... this is part of what makes BO so special to sell at. Folks like you! :-)