BO PROMOTION: Fee Commission Credits in Exchange for Uploading Images Against Certain Parts

This is pretty cool!!! It appears if you submit an image for an image-less part or color of a part that has been in the catalog for at least a year, you not only receive catalog points, but credits toward your fee commission (now through end of February, I think it said).

Check out the BO announcement! https://www.brickowl.com/forum#/discussion/16/site-updates

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm doing photorealistic renders of old parts and uploading them that way, hope it works!
  • How can you tell when an item was listed or if it is over 1 year old?
  • I don't think you can, but I would have thought that apart from stickered items, most newer pieces will at least have a CG rendered image. If you happen to have parts in your inventory that needs a Primary Image you can at least see what you have that needs addressing, but I'm not you can filter those by age.
  • I’m trying! First photos got rejected because they were, admittedly, low-quality.

Need to find myself a nice white thing to use as a back drop that isn’t reflective! :)
  • @ChunkLi I use a light tent, which is admittedly not going to be to everyone's taste/experience/budget, but I would have thought a curved sheet of thick white paper or thin white card will at least give you a clean background. Basically somewhere where you can form an infinity curve; a kitchen work surface up against a wall is pretty good.

I use a light tent as it gives me greater control over how I light the pieces, enabling me to set white balance to try to get accurate colors and avoid harsh shadows. It took me a fair while to get to grips with it, and I've refined my techniques, but I'm now pretty pleased with the results.
  • edited February 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @ChunkLi no need to spend money... I have from day one used a simple sheet of white paper (printer paper), folded in half (L shape) as my background. 99.99% of my images were accepted (photos taken using a Kindle, and later ones using a MS Surface). :-) And I did a LOT of images in 2018-2020 - I think I was just booted from the Top Ten Contributors of all time in a past few months (which is GREAT news, meaning lots more folks are contributing!).
  • I did use a background stripper in retrospect... just because I'm super detail-oriented (I think it was called Background Burner Bonanza, which is free).
  • Good idea - reallyencourages us to take pictures. I have done quite a few over the last couple of months ;-)
  • Is there any way to find which pieces are missing images?
  • @MrBricktastic My Store > Inventory > Missing Data > Primary Image

This will show you quickly what needs doing in your own store.