Missing Data - Sides Printed

A few items in my inventory are appearing under this heading. What is it that's needed here ? A picture ?

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • These are items where you can edit the catalog to indicate how many sides of the part are decorated. I think it's a way to clarify for parts, for example torsos, that may have printing on the back where there may be similar designs that only have front designs. Be warned though that non-decorated items also appear in this list, and these obviously don't need any changes. Not sure why they are there. I wouldn't worry too much about those, but if you want to amend any others then it all helps.
  • This is one of them ...

https://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-bright-light-orange-block-48-x-74-torso-nr-10-54185

It says "This is a colored version of LEGO Block 48 x 74 Torso nr 10 (54185). You may want to edit the normal uncolored version to change things such as name and dimensions"

So, there is no image of the Bright Light Orange version (all colors are likely decorated), so I am guessing it's wanting an image. yes/no ?
  • Yes and no :)
    Yes an image would be nice since there is none for BLO
    But no, that is not the reason it is showing under "Missing Data - Sides Printed" and no that is not the reason for "This is a colored version of LEGO Block 48 x 74 Torso nr 10 (54185). You may want to edit the normal uncolored version to change things such as name and dimensions"

Most info about an item will count for all colors of an item so they should be put in under the general item, not a colored one.
    If this part only has the silver on the front then it is "printed" (or decorated) on1 side.
    If a part is decorated different with every color they should get there own item.

But it doesn't make sense for every item on the sides printed missing list to add it.
    But I asked about and you can just ignore such things. Maybe one day Admin can filter these out. Was not a prio thing a few years back when I asked.

https://www.brickowl.com/search/catalog?query=All&show_missing=1&missing_data=21&cat=6810
    How many sides does a half a ball have :smile: , you could say 2 (inside and out), or as many as possible :smiley:

https://www.brickowl.com/search/catalog?query=All&show_missing=1&missing_data=21&cat=9223
    nice one too

And there is more missing data that makes no sense for being missed. But it has to do with the category they are in and if it is decorated or not. Both of those just give a given set of data that could (should) be possible and at this point (again was a few years back) there was no way of easily make that different.

But yes, please do add an image if you can do so :)
  • The current image for the torso is correct, but not clear - the bright light orange is on the rear of the piece and is the base color (not visible on the existing pic), and the black and silver is the decoration. A better pic, maybe with the part at a slight angle to give an idea of the BLO, would be appreciated.
  • Also, not sure why there is a Dark Royal Blue one - the part doesn't seem to come in this base color so heaven knows how someone can be selling one. It's possible that they have another one of the Block 48x74 variants that does have DRB but has mistakenly added it to this catalog entry.
  • Re listing colors that do not exist for a part: I have run into numerous situations where a seller mislists a color... BO creates a new color listing on-demand for any part in the catalog when a seller chooses that color to sell the item in. Admin approval for this is not required.

Generally when I run into this, I edit the color with a "mark for deletion" action and a note to the admin that the part does not exist in this color (all of these are also associated with 0 sets for that color). If approved by BO, the seller(s) then see a note on their store dashboard that item(s) they are selling are marked for deletion (and a link to those), an indicator that they have listed the part's color incorrectly. Once no more sellers are listing that color, BO deletes that lot in that color from the master catalog.

For example, I see a lot of LIGHT stone gray for parts for sale when in reality, those only come in a few Bionicle parts (newer sellers likely have a medium stone gray pour that runs a bit lighter than usual, and think it's light stone gray).

I also run into this a LOT when there are part variants; e.g., a 2x2 round tile with a stud holder bottom may be available in some colors that the X bottom does not offer. But if the store doesn't split variants and chose to list their stock under the X bottom listing, they create a new color through listing their stud-holdered bottom under the X bottom part, which is a nonexistent color for that variation.
  • @Calibrick The part I reference above, has two colors, plus printing on the top color. The two colors appear to be different bits of molded plastic, assembled together.
  • There are a number of these assemblies-as-parts which might benefit from their own category, or a forked category, or some other sort of database-level recognition. These would be parts that are composed of multiple smaller pieces which aren't intended to come apart: large torsos you mention, the Bionicle "puff" weapons that are a medium stone gray plus a dark stone gray plus a red piece, the new Stuntz motorcycle bodies, various Mindstorm things, and some others. And it is probably only an issue on the "find by color" axis, but if find-by-color is going to be a top-level search path, it would be nice if some accommodation could be made.

I'd prefer to see the assembly-as-part listed under each color, but that seems to be not something that the powers-to-be here and elsewhere care to wrap their heads around. And I imagine that would "frustrate" whatever the interconnectivity the third party brickstockstoresellermanager, etc., softwares provide if one side implemented multi-color and the other side(s) didn't.
  • @mfav add to your list, the light and sound modules (famously from Jack Stone) which are sealed/glued together so tightly, I could not open one with an Xacto knife. The ~20 years old battery was almost dead.