Set 71043 Hogwarts Castle

My son wants to buy this set as an investment. Would this be a good set to buy?
I know it could be hard to forecast but he doesn’t know how to start
Any help or advice would be appreciated

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • https://www.brickpicker.com/ gives you a brief look at the history of any LEGO set in terms of value, sales costs at various venues, etc. That might be an interesting place to research?
  • @Calibrick has the right answer.

Some points to consider - it’s been out for quite some time but will likely never return in its current form. I believe this is their third or fourth iteration of the Hogwarts Castle, each bigger and more detailed than the last.

That said, it will eventually be retired and there will be a spike in demand as a result that will drive up prices for a bit. Until the next iteration of the Hogwarts Castle comes out, which is almost a guarantee given their pattern.

My advice if you’re keeping to invest, don’t hold onto it for more than 2-3 years after it’s officially retired, otherwise you’ll run the risk of it’s value dipping for a while due to the attention to the latest and greatest version.

Good luck!

PS: Well done on supporting your child’s investing interests. I always wonder where I’d be now if mine had done that with me…
  • Interesting site @Pikka, never heard of it before. Will have a look at it.
  • Thank you all for your comments. I have taken a look at the websites mentioned and I have to say some great pointers there. Thank you all again.