Should I include weapons with Minifigs?

Is it worth it to sell the weapons separately from the minifigs, or should I include them with them? I have noticed that some stores that sell Star Wars minifigures sell the weapons separately, and some don't. What is the best way? Is it really worth it to sell them separate? Do people actually buy them?

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I don't think there is a correct answer here, because either works. Sometimes I will add weapons, sometimes I don't. I will if they come with stud shooters I will for sure. They rarely sell and you end up with hundreds of them.
  • Well, I'm not really asking for what I should do, rather what other people do so that I can decide what to do from that.
  • My own view is you should be selling exactly what the catalog image shows. If it includes weapons, then yes.
  • Like Nita, I sell only what the catalog image and part inventory shows... so if it's a collectible minifigure (which are sets) or I am selling a subset from say an advent calendar, I include all parts (including any weapons). If I'm listing as just a minifigure, I only send a minifigure. :-) I will say, you can make good money from properly-copyright-marked LEGO weapons by selling them separately (my two cents). :-)

Just check those markings - it gets tricky, especially with Star Wars guns and pickaxes... LOTS of clones out there (err no pun intended when it comes to SW <s>).
  • here we sell MF separately to weapons. We have found we move both quite well. Reason for this we open up more of the market for weapons esp MOC builders that chase them for other themes or even lego city builder's that want to put a gun in a policeman hands etc
  • Sometimes I will put a public note on a mini figure that says something like "includes free gun", The nice thing about notes is that they are visible on your listing of a certain part of fig along side all the other store's, so if someone happens to see that you're doing a free gun with a certain MF, than that might sway them to choose your store over another if they're on the fence about it. That's just what I did though, it might not work for all.
  • generally ONLY if that is how the minifigure is shown in the catalog, almost all of them are NOT shown with extra's.

UNLESS you are selling a collectible minifigure in the "sets" category

some sellers do include accessories - which can end up confusing customers (not knowing if it does/does not come with "extra's) - if you do decide to include weapons etc then it should be noted in the public notes