Sale times

Hi I just opend my store and wonderd how long has it taken people to get there 1st sale

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Welcome to BrickOwl!!

For myself, it took nearly a month and a half before I saw my first sale. I was so happy/relieved when I got the message "Brick Owl: New Order Received"!

It might take a bit, but be patient and stick with it!! I'm sure others had faster results.
  • It may take a while with a small inventory. The more choice you have, the more people's wishlists you will appear on. If you continue to expand your range over time, your sales will gradually pick up.
  • edited January 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I've observed small inventories can take several to many weeks... I built my inventory offline over the course of 2 years (just working on it over weekends) and opened with a fairly sizable inventory originally (140k parts, 15k unique lots) and was shocked to see my first sale within hours.

As Heartland says, be patient! The more unique lots you have, the greater the odds your store will pop-up on those variety-filled wishlists! :-)

And congratulations on your new store, Brett! Welcome to BO! You'll find this a very friendly and fun place to do business... we wish you and your store great success!
  • My first sale came only after about 5 months. Still my only sale as well. At the moment I have closed my store again, because I am so occupied with sorting and counting to add to my inventory that I want to avoid the extra hassle of simultaneous order picking.
    I think the first order is the hardest, since you have zero feedback and people need to take the leap of faith to trust the platform with a store with 0 sales. When I reopen, I hope things will get better, otherwise I have spent countless hours sorting for nothing :blush:
    When I opened I had less than 5000 pieces listed. At the moment I am almost at 52000, and still much much more to do.
  • thanks guys was shocked to get my 1st sale on day 2 made me so happy i will keep growing and hopefully things will get good soon
  • Like @Calibrick I too spent a couple of months adding inventory behind closed doors which gave me breathing space to get a handle on basic things like colours (sounds silly but it can be crucial to know the difference between some older ones and their modern counterparts), getting postage rates set up and generally familiarising myself with the website. As others have mentioned, the larger the inventory the more presence you have on wishlists. One thing I did also was to spend some time going back through the forum. There are certain topics that I needn't worry about (syncing across to BL for example, as I only sell here), but there is a huge wealth of information there, much of it probably answering similar questions to ones you may have as you start out.

Best of luck and remember that every other store here has been in the exact same position as you at some point!
  • edited January 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Great advice, Jay! And congrats on such a fast first sale, Brett!

BTW, not a lot of folks realize that if you have feedback already on other platforms (I think you have to have at least 100), you can obtain a temporary "rating boost" here on BO based on your performance on the other platform(s), e.g., eBay, BL, Etsy. They used to round DOWN to the nearest 100.

This allows established sellers to open their doors above "0"; the boosted number is removed in one year, I believe. It's a GREAT advantage here as compared to other sales platforms.