minifigs

Can I ask why alot of minifigs do not match brickset rebrickable and the other site. I will gave an example CTY1138 when looking around everywhere has this guy been sold with his helmet on and no hair piece or parted that why. But when we try to bring it across from the other site to B/O it is a totally different minifig.

Just wondering why everywhere else has in that form but here. It is one example of a few we are coming across...

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • When you finish a day of skateboarding and you go home for dinner, do you sit at the table with your helmet on? When you go for a shower and then go to bed, do you still have your helmet on? lol, this is supposed to be funny!

When looking at the instructions in book 1, it shows him wearing a helmet, but in book 2, it shows the helmet on the skateboard and you see his hair!

Maybe, this is an occasion there should be 2 figures, one as an alternative!
  • And the set box artwork doesn't help either! Pictures with both helmet and hair. The pedant in me says go with the instructions which suggest helmet rather than hair (putting BO as the odd one out), or is it a case of additional information on the catalog entry with a secondary picture to explain the figure could come with either or both, or amend the existing entry to match everywhere else (so new picture and inventory)?

PS, as this is BO, can we refer to figures using their BOID please? The ID in the OP is a BLID, and doesn't show up here in a catalog search.
  • I've always thought that the appropriate accoutrements for a minifig corresponded to how it is displayed in the instructions, or lacking instructions on the box.
  • The user that created this figure needs to be taught that the instructions should prevail (first picture in) not the preference of the creator. Also it may have been that the BL inventory was not made yet, or the user did not check. Speaking of which I've created a lot of the new city figures in the police and fire sets and the BLIDs were not available yet, if you notice that they are now present please add that data to the figure.

Thanks, Tyson.