Store Dashboard Suggestion

Hi, I was wondering whether it would be possible to have a graph showing the number of store visits per day? As a new seller, this would certainly help me to know how many people were accessing my store per day, and how that changes.

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Personally I can't see that having such a thing would be beneficial. Although not graphical, the page views and active carts give you some idea of activity in your store, but there's no way to act on that information - you can't see who is looking or what they're looking at unless they place an order. Plus, I don't know if I'd want to know if a hundred people visited my store in a day, but only one placed an order!

I suppose you could check your page view stats at the same time every day over say a week or month and keep your own records to see if there's any pattern, but as I said, you can't influence sales so it would be statistical only.
  • I would appreciate this - a visual representation that will allow you to quickly see trends. It wouldn't even need a scale of any sort for me, as the trend itself would be sufficient.
  • edited January 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am ambivalent about this. One site I used to sell on had a preference where each store owner could register for Google Analytics, and then enter their UA number into a setting. The site would then insert both the site and the store's UA number into each page load. The store owner could then go to GA and look at all the information being collected, and see what trends (if any) could be perceived. If you had thousands of views per day, it might be useful. It was a lot of information to try to distill into actionable meaning.
  • I think this one falls into my category of 'Do many people use this site in a very different way to me?'. I just don't visit store pages, I don't go to someone's store and browse around to see what they have, even if they've got a sale on. If I was looking for one item I'd go to the item screen and make a selection from the Buy tab. If I want more than one I'd use a Wishlist. I think I've asked this question before but do people really go to a store and see what's for sale?
  • ^ occasionally yes, I'll visit the store of a seller I've bought from before. I imagine the wishlist and Rebrickable is how most people buy from BO though.
  • For me, I had over 450 views in one night... But no purchases, so that tells me that:

1) I might have been data mined.

2) I genuinely have something that people want and my shipping or pricing is too high.

But the only reason I know that is because it jumped by over 450... now, if I had a graphical representation I could spot general trends in increasing visits due to increased stock etc.
  • Does anyone else get sad when the see the number of carts go down without an order? Just me?
  • @Papa Pearson Yes! I have seen mine yo-yo up and down over the last few weeks, but they seem to have settled again. Have put it down to the holidays.
  • @Papa Pearson Active Carts can also be thought of as people testing the shipping, to see what it costs to ship to their address. BO can only predict the shipping if a buyer is logged in. I don't think there is anyway to predict the shipping for multiple items, other than loading them into a cart to see what happens.

I'm more curious if Active Carts counts empty carts. That it drops down says (to me) that the buyer left things sitting there, un-purchased,
This discussion has been closed.