NL: hoe verstuur ik een bestelling naar de UK

Eerste order uit de UK sinds 1 juli 2021. Geen idee hoe ik mijn verzending moet invullen op de Postnl site (zakelijk gedeelte). Gewoon niks aantrekken van wat op de orderbevestiging staat, zoals "20% UK Import VAT has been paid on this order via the online marketplace Brick Owl Ltd with VAT ID GB366824270 and EORI GB366824270000." ??
En moet ik een factuur aan de buitenkant van het pakje toevoegen en zo ja waar vind ik die factuur op BO?

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Translated message (Dutch) hopefully someone can help them

"First order from the UK since July 1, 2021. I have no idea how to fill in my shipment on the Postnl site (business section). Just don't care about what the order confirmation says, such as "20% UK Import VAT has been paid on this order via the online marketplace Brick Owl Ltd with VAT ID GB366824270 and EORI GB366824270000." ??
    And do I have to add an invoice to the outside of the package and if so, where can I find that invoice on BO?"
  • Never mind. I shipped the order my own way, without the help of Brick Owl's excellent customer service for sellers. And yes this is sarcasm, something Brits probably will never understand anyway.
    Have a good night and don't feel harassed. I have many good friends in the country formerly known as 'good old England'.
  • Use a language the site admin doesn't speak. Don't send your query to site admin but instead post it on an English-language forum. Then complain about the lack of response!

Honestly, most of us here are pretty friendly and more than happy to help.
  • edited January 2022 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The admin here is pretty super-helpful IMHO, I suspect it was the foreign language that was an issue also (you seem to speak English quite well - you may want to consider trying that first next time as its a UK-run/owned site?). There are some really good threads on here about VAT, etc., also.

You can reach the admin directly via the contact page - leave "request a response" checked so it highlights for them in their queue - I usually have responses in 24 hours or less, which is pretty amazing. :-)

I'm glad you were able to work it out, Leftover!
  • I had assumed that as the OP was a Dutch seller posting a message in Dutch regarding shipping from the Netherlands to the UK, that what they were looking for was a fellow Dutch seller who had already had experience of shipping under the new rules. I personally didn't ignore the question (in fact I ran it through Google Translate), but felt that not being a Dutch seller I couldn't offer advice on how the Netherlands postal service deals with this.
  • @Hoddie, you ARE one of the owners/admins of this site. Why didn't you offer help in the first place? Afraid of anything coming from over the pond? (= the North Sea)??

In the mean time my question is still not answered. Stand up @Hoddie and say what you have to say on behalf of BrickOwl upon my question -- which was kindly translated in your language by @bricksonthemove

Bricklink provides invoices & clear instructions with regard of the VAT invoices etc., BO however remains silent. You (Brick Owl) is already suffering from a major decline in orders. BO is ignoring problems. The better way is to be pro-active to sellers and provide them with all necessary tools.

I kind of feel like talking to thin air. Please prove that I'm wrong.
  • And for clarity: I suggest that the role of Hodie is clearly marked by "Hodie; Brick Owl administrator".
    I'm not an administrator, I just try and help where I can. But I think complaining about the service you get when you didn't even address your question to the site admin and use a language they don't understand is uncalled for.

Only someone who is familiar with PostNL's systems can answer your question, and although I have a rudimentary understanding of Dutch, I don't use PostNL's system. Perhaps PostNL can help? In theory you should only need the information you would enter on the CN22/23, plus the VAT and EORI numbers shown on the order screen.

Regards your question about the invoice, it has been a requirement for many, many years to put an invoice on the outside of a package that is moving across a customs border. Best practice is to include three - one your country's customs, one for the buyer's country's customs and one for the buyer. bPost recommend you include 4 for some countries, they probably have a good reason but I don't know what it is.

A generic invoice is available under More Actions menu on the order screen, but you may need to create your own invoice in Word or something if this does not suffice for your needs. I know other sellers here, particularly some of the German sellers, do this.
    @Leftoverbricks, Hoddie is not a BO administrator, owner, etc. He is a fellow seller who kindly comments in the forums when he has help or advice to offer (something several of us try to do, as others have helped us here in the past).

Respectfully, please be aware your response to them reads as aggressive, in case you did not realize. He/she was obviously trying to be helpful and in my experience, has great advice to offer as a long-time seller here (they have certainly done a ton for me here over the years! <s>).

BO's sysadmin and owner can be reached by clicking Contact at the bottom of this screen. Their response time is superlative IMHO. You can also tag the sysadmin/owner in forum chat by adding @Lawrence.

But... **BO can only be expected to speak to BO functionality**, obviously. They are in the UK - they can't be expected to speak to PostNL. Kind of like eBay - I wouldn't expect eBay to provide me guidance or advice on how to deal with a United States Postal Service form. :-) As sellers, the onus is on us to do our homework with our countries/regions and understand shipping requirements, forms, etc. That is all non-BO stuph. Due to this, I respectfully suggest your unhappiness at the real BO admin is misplaced.

With that said tho, people here on the forum are super-helpful and tend to be super-nice and polite. It seems to me that no Dutch sellers happened to be browsing the forum during a busy post-holiday period. Many of us in the forums hail from the US, Canada, UK, etc., so would have had no aid to offer in your case. :-(