Ability to Assign Shipping Methods to Major Categories

It would be VERY helpful to be able to assign shipping methods to specific categories when that specific category comprises **the entire order**, e.g., Parts, Sets, Instructions, Gear. In the US, for instructions we can use a special cheaper mail method, and sets may be able to use alternate methods as well.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • > In the US, for instructions we can use a special cheaper mail method

Well maybe, and I think you're referring to Media Mail. If the instructions have any advertisement on them (and some do at the back cover), they do not qualify for Media Mail.
  • @nita_rae Have you ever had your media mail inspected and rejected? Just curious.
  • @Wild Bricks As I follow the rules about what mail class to use, and when, if they had opened them, I would never know.

First Class letter mail, Priority Mail and Priority Express Mail may not be opened for inspection.

First Class Parcel Service and Media Mail can be opened for inspection.
  • @nita_rae, I had no idea about that media mail condition (like you and most others, I try to rigorously follow the rules also to keep a level playing field and to be fair to USPS - and it's just right, ya know? <S>). I'll dig into the USPS pub on that and look closer; I had always thought media mail was for all non-sales/advertisement printed matter, but hadn't really eyeballed the specific rules in years.

Thank you for the insight!

R,
    Sandy
This discussion has been closed.