order combining fee being applied?

I recently have had several orders with very small amounts that were being combined to the point of loosing a good chunk of money due to PayPal fees. So I recently (a couple days ago) created a 0.35 order combining fee. Just enough so I wont loose money on small combining orders.

I had a combining order today but I don't see it in either of the 2 orders. Shouldn't the fee be noticeable on the order page? Or is this fee hidden in the shipping amount?

Chris

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It hasn't been working in some time. I spoke with Lawrence via email and he is working on it. I am not sure what the ETA is on getting it fixed.

PP
  • I had an order yesterday with the second order that was combined today and it worked fine. This fee is added to the shipping cost in the second order. The shipping cost in the second order should be the total shipping cost (for the two orders combined) plus your combining fee minus shipping they paid for the first order.
    For my orders there was no change in shipping cost so the shipping rate on the second order only contained the combining fee.

Gerrit
  • If the customer downgrades their shipping method to a cheaper one on the second or subsequent orders, this can prevent the combining fee from being applied since the customer has 'prepaid' the fee when the first order was paid. If I recall correctly.
  • @budgetkids It is part of the shipping and handling charge, it is not displayed separately anywhere.