Is there a way to sell a bundle ?

I have a number of complete sets of LEGO NBA 3560-3567 (8 sets). Is there a way to list them as a single item that can be purchased ? I do understand that each of the 8 sets can be listed individually, but a couple of them have few remaining in stock, and I would rather sell them as a complete set of 8.

TIA

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi Nita! I think you can list them as a Bulk Quantity (use Advanced, and not normal view) - someone else should verify that tho as I don't use that feature. You can also list it as one lot, but in public notes, show this includes EIGHT sets. :-)
  • Another thing to be aware of if you sell all eight, but grouped under one of the listings, is the possible skewing of price history going forward. From what I can tell from the existing price histories (bearing in mind some appear to have never had stock or sold within the last two years), somewhere between £15-20 per set seems to be the average. If you were to sell all eight for say £100, but this goes against the entry for 3560, then the historical price for that set becomes artificially inflated, and the remaining sets show no history of being sold, even though they have in the bundle. I hope this makes sense.
  • @Jay37 Yes, I know how that goes, and it's a Hobson's Choice about how best to handle it. TLG never sold them as a complete set, so there is no 'K' number to reference. I was blessed to be able to acquire enough to build complete sets. Of the 3 or 4 sites I've sold the sets on, no one ever got it exactly right. While you are correct about the average set, 3563-1 went thru the roof during January 2020, due to the tragic loss of Kobe Bryant.

@Calibrick I have images of the complete set of 8, so if choose to go that way I may make use of them.
  • There used to be a way to add custom items (whether that would include bundles of sets I don't know - LEGO sell themed packs so there's an 'official' precedent), and there have been forum discussions around the matter in regards to MOC sets/instructions, but there appears to be no information in the catalog help pages. I suspect the fact it's no longer obvious would suggest it's discouraged.

You could drop a line to admin and see if they're willing to accept a catalog submission for the bundle, and then see where that leads.
  • There is no BO equivalent of BL's superlot, if that's what you're wondering.
  • @Hoddie In one sense, I'm glad there is no equivalent. I may have been one of the instigators when that was created (way back when) and I never felt comfortable with how it turned out

@Jay37 You touched upon another subject, that having to do with how the sale would be recorded. All sales have context. It is unlikely that two sales of the same item, have the same context. BL does not show any of the context (assuming they are keeping it). By context, I'm referring to the larger picture of what sets were purchased together, how long the customer browsed, what they browsed, etc. The data mining of buyer behavior could be the real reason why TLG purchased BL. They now have the capability to reap a wealth of analytics, and the PG is barely the tip of the iceberg. So how my little bundle is recorded, is better thought of in the context of those 8 sets being sold together, in a single order, at the same time. What they are worth, is also decided by the ability to purchase the entire group, without having to chase around to multiple sellers.