Option to sort price and shipping

Hi just has picked up there NO option to sort the Price + shipping on the stores that have stock via a catalog search etc. You can only sort by price only and does not factor in the shipping cost. So it all random see example attached. Is there a way to gave us the sort option on that price and shipping column.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • A better shot of the example where the mouse cursor is what I am referring to. There no option to sort on that column
  • I remember pointing that out a few years ago too, I think in this forum. I want to say the answer was this was deliberate, as shipping costs vary depending on if the customer is actually logged in (so system know their address and shows a "real" cost there vs. an estimate).

From a seller view, I wholeheartedly agreed with you - I keep my shipping rates pretty low compared to many, so I'd do pretty well in that kind of sort I suspect. :-) And a customer view, absolutely! I'd always go where's lowest if they are a credible store as so many folks seem to pad their shipping with everything vs. building in to part costs.

But from a platform view, I do understand the challenge of what to show there and hint at prioritization by enabling sorting if the cost shown may or may not be a swag if someone is not logged in and is viewing. Based on that, I let it drop. :-)
This discussion has been closed.