Feedbacks

Hello,

I would like to open a subject about feedbacks.

Actually when there is an order the only person that can give good / neutral / bad feedback is the buyer.
A transaction is the point of view or buyer and seller.
From my experience i already met some buyers that had no problems to try to thief stuff.
As shop i would find normal that i could give also my point of view (neutre or negative) of a buyer if he isn't fair. Not as revenge but just to know to which i'm dealing with.
The only stuff that you can do as shop actually is just to answer the feedback of the buyer but it doesn't help others shops to have an idea of the buyer that the guy is.
If a buyer that has 20 negatives feedbacks in a row i should be warned that this guy is potentially problematic.

Comments

• 17 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Too many sellers use feedback as a tool to manipulate buyers. Happens on BL all the time. It's also why Ebay removed the ability of sellers to leave anything other than positive feedback.

If you have an issue with a buyer you can use the Report an Issue feature. This then tells other sellers - anonymously - that a store had an issue with the buyer, such as the buyer reported not receiving their order or they didn't pay, etc. Multiple such reports may show a pattern and sellers can elect to take additional measures to protect themselves, or in exceptional cases even to cancel the order.
  • So it's like buyers never try to manipulate sellers? Recently a guy asked me after recieving his order to pay his VAT... He multiplied it x4 after i check the real price on internet...
    Don't change anything, buyers are innocent !
  • I can also give you directly the example of my feedbacks. Recently a guy posted a neutral one and said "i charged him extra fees". He accepted the quote. Everything was describe in the quote. Than he like judge me for free and write in public that i'm like a thief (i charged him extra fees = i stole his money = i'm a thief). So he was agree/accepted the fees but than he can write whatever he wants in public and judge me for free. Guess it's normal.
  • One does not exclude the other. There are bad buyers and bad sellers, but a bad seller gives the entire platform a bad reputation, affecting all sellers. A bad buyer on the other hand only affects their own reputation.
  • Agree with Hoddie here. Revenge feedback is quite common on the other site, been guilty of it myself. It doesn't help the reputation of anything and makes the whole platform look like it's filled with childish people. As Hoddie pointed out, the Report an Issue is Brickowl's way of letting others know about bad buyers, and it works well.
  • You're not permitted to charge additional fees on Brick Owl, perhaps that's why the user left a neutral. I note that your store's home page says you add PayPal fees, but that's against the PayPal user agreement for users in France (see image for English language version of the French agreement), so if those are the fees you added, the user would be doubly aggrieved.

In any case, you asked for a debate but clearly only wanted to hear from people who agreed with you, so I'll leave you to it!

All the best.
  • OP, I'm a bit confused about your comment that only buyers can leave feedback.
    Sellers can to at any time here on BO after fulfilling the order. :-)
    I agree with firestar in that BLers seem to be into "revenge" feedback at times... I haven't seen that here at all (thankfully). Perhaps because it is a smaller platform, it doesn't try as much attention from the trolls as the larger one does.

Also, as Hoddie notes, you cannot charge buyers separate fees here on BO - you must build any fees you incur into your part pricing; if you called those out in your invoice, even if the buyer concurred, I do agree, that could be why they left a neutral feedback. You'll see that in your store and item settings there is no field for "fees". :-)

Stay well!
  • that's your problem : you're speaking about revenge.
    I'm not speaking about revenge. A transaction is not only one way.
    That's what i'm trying to explain.

@Hoddie No problems to not charge "additionnal fees on brickowl" if you want. I can directly charge them in parts price if you prefer. It's quiet the same. We do it in the quote. People are free to accept it or not. I don't force them to pay after they do a quote request.
    On bricklink there are options : IBAN / friendly paypal etc. If they do, i don't charge any extra fees.
    On brickowl it's automatically a commercial paypal (that doesn't protect sellers) and our price don't include paypal fees. No offense but i don't think that you really understand paypal.

About ur last sentence : typical sentence from a guy that has no argue. I can literally answer you the same.
  • My friend, you're here to argue not to debate, and I can argue until the cows come home if you want, but let's do it by private message.

For what it's worth, in France, you lose Seller Protection if you pass the PayPal fees to your buyers, contrary to your agreement with PayPal. It explicitly says this in the terms and conditions. I suggest rather than accusing others of not understanding something, you perhaps make yourself familiar with it first.
  • Payapal doesn't protect sellers.
    Let's give you 2 examples :
    - An order without tracking : letter doesn't arrive/buyer says that letter doesn't arrive, if he opens a complain on paypal as shop : you are forced to refund them totaly. They will answer you : "you should have take a shipping assurance
    - An order with tracking : paypal will answer you the same.
    Call them and ask them. That's litteraly what they explained me by call and by message : "paypal isn't an assurance, it only protects against thiefs (like somebody says that his order didn't arrive and tracking proove something else). You have to take an assurance on the postal service".
    Maybe i falled on the wrong guy.
    But if you have a different experience about their protection i'm really open mind.
  • @brickfrero we're talking about revenge, because if negatives were allowed on buyers, that is immediately what several seller would start doing with it, using it as revenge or leverage. Hence why I'm against having it. If you have a problem with a buyer, by all means report the problem; that is how you can alert other sellers of a bad buyer and how other sellers can alert you.

To @Hoddie ; where in BO terms does it state fees aren't allowed? I currently put a $1 handling fee in the price of the shipping (and mention it in the shipping method description). Am I technically breaking that rule then?
  • Sorry, I should clarify - you cannot have fees that vary depending on the payment method being used. Adding a handling fee is perfectly fine.
  • Details here:

https://www.brickowl.com/help/store-fees

As your fee is "baked in" to the shipping/handling cost, it's fine.
  • Thank you Hoddie! Glad to hear I haven't accidentally been breaking some rules for the past few years. :)
  • Brickfrero, PayPal does offer seller protection, which protects you from someone placing an order with you and not paying you. That has *nothing* to do with shipping protection, i.e., insurance with the postal carrier, ensuring you can be reimbursed if the order is lost, etc. Those are apples and oranges. :-)
  • @Calibrick well to be honest i don't really wanna go in details. I opened this topic to speak about feedbacks and just took an example from a guy that accepted a quote (with details of differents fees) and than it switch to paypal but it wasn't the subject at the begining.
    After if you wanna speak about it we can go in private. No problem at all :).

If everybody is happy with the actual system that's good.
    I know that some sellers would use it as revenge, like some buyers do. And actually it's not a problem i guess? I mean that buyers use it as revenge.
    And if you think that i'm that kind of guy : on 1600 orders on BL i let 1 negative feedback. Guess i'm not the kind of revenge guy.

As i gave some others example : one guy "pressured" me to pay his VAT fees (he lived out of EU) and multiplied it by 4 (i have others example but that's also not the subject). My only solution was to write to BO webmaster and complain about him.
    1st i'm not 12 years old and call the teacher about what a guy in the classroom did.
    2nd i dunno the webmaster of brickowl. Not judging him at all, but not my point of view to give the power of a guy to decide if he has to cut off his head. It's base on different experiences and not only one.
    As seller i appreciate to do good deal with good persons. When i don't feel them i could have opportunity : either to refuse to deal with them, either to force for example trackings.
    Like for example a guy that says that he never recieve his orders if i see that 20 shops complain aobut this guy that he says that he never recieve anything i could just add a tracking to just see if he's lying or not.
    (that's also to answer to @firestar246 )

But as i said if nobody find any logic in what i'm saying let's just close the subject. I mean i understand that there will be some revenge but there is also some revenge from buyers actually and that's not problematic so i don't get why it would be as sellers.
  • Hi brickfrero! On the original post, it started with a note that sellers cannot post feedback... but we can when (1) we fill an order, and (2) when feedback is left for us (you can reply to any and every feedback if you desire). So admittedly I started off reading this entire thread a bit confused... :-)
This discussion has been closed.