RESTRICTIE IBAN BETALING

Koper wil / kan niet met paypal betalen.
Is het mogelijk om de restrictie van iban betaling van een beginnende verkoper eenmalig op te heffen.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Unfortunately it is a requirement that stores can only accept PayPal until they have received at least 10 orders
  • Hello, I find this a Very strange policy. Some people do not like Paypal ( Very high fees) including me.
    Please consider to remove, you wil have a uptick in buyers and sellers

Sincerely
    Tim
  • I know here we prefer pay pal over any other payment method as a seller. As the seller protections offered by pay pal outweigh any other payment option eg stripe, bank transfers, ebays managed payments (we refuse to sell on there due to no protection for sellers now) etc... all the examples I just listed all allow for charge backs with no way to re coup the lost. Where pay pal allows the seller to re coup the full amount. So therefore not being left out of pocket for the sale and lost of goods...
  • I would assume that the limitation on new sellers is due to Paypal's buyer protection. Should an inexperienced seller mess up, or worse, list items fraudulently, then the buyer is fully protected in a way that you just don't get with e.g. IBAN.

Getting 10 orders won't take very long, and at that point a seller should be accepted as legitimate and then have the option to open up other payment methods. I think it is a good process.
  • Stripe offers better protection against fraudulent chargebacks in some cases, as they used the 3D secure technology which requires buyers to authenticate with their pin number where they are able to - using a banking app or little calculator-type thingy which is common in western Europe (and maybe beyond, I dunno). PayPal doesn't bother with this once an account is verified, leaving sellers wide open to chargeback abuse.