Direct debit change

Not happy with this change. I've had an email saying they're going to deduct £50-odd quid from my account on 29/10 - before it actually becomes due. I like to plan my finances down to the nearest quid as much as possible, to avoid bank charges and maximise investments, etc., and suddenly having to ensure that the money is there within 3 days is a headache I could have done without.

Didn't expect this from BO tbh.

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited October 2021 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Unfortunately we had an issue with the direct debit system where some users could not see/use the button to be able to make the payment this month. We were informed of that issue yesterday and fixed it. We then initiated all of the payments that could not be made. I did not consider the consequences this may have for financial planning, and I apologise for this. I can cancel any payments that cause issues for stores.

I now see that for users that were not affected by this issue, it means that the payment was initiated twice in a month, which is certainly not what we had intended to do. The result being that stores pay the commission earlier than they are due. I can see that your payment was one of these, and it has now been cancelled. I greatly apologise for this mistake.
  • Thank-you Lawrence. Saves me some hassle which is very much appreciated. What happens now, the DD kicks in on the 1st again as expected?
  • @Hoddie Yes, that is hopefully what should happen
  • curious what the source of these funds will be, is there an area in settings where I can set up my preferred source?
  • @vonveederbrick you can setup the direct debit at any time from the billing page in the orders section of your store
  • This is why I love BO - @Lawrence doesn't ignore problems, and especially not those that were unintended consequences of changes - he steps up, fixes the issue, and apologizes. On another site, you'd likely wait very long for a response and especially cancellations/refunds. BO rules!
  • I also see a withdrawal from my bank today. I have been paying every month and do no see anything due?
  • @Lawrence Is there still some problems with the direct debit payment? We have received like some others end of October an Email with the payment notification. Today (11/02) we have received again a notification with a payment from our account on 11/05.
    It's not a big deal for us, anyhow it confuses a little bit. Until beginning of October we had to click on the order billing page that the payment get's initiated.
  • @HyperSync the payment should appear on your billing page within the next few days

@Bricks-Shop the payment late last month was an unintentional mistake covered earlier in this thread. The payment made at the start of this month was intentional, and is part of the new system mentioned in the site updates. All of the payments go towards your balance on the billing page. The direct debit is now automatic and shouldn't need any manual intervention. Payment of affiliate commission will still need to be done manually.
  • @Lawrence Thank you for the quick reply. I missed this information but thought already about some automatic system. That's absolutely fine if we do not have to check and initiate it manually.
  • @Lawrence It's me again. Now I have a note that my fees are due for payment. These are only Affiliate Commissions. Are these commissions not part of the automatic direct debit system? Or am I missing something?
  • That’s correct, payment of affiliate commission still needs to be done separately