Are these Trans Dark Blue 2 x 2 Tiles genuine Lego parts?

I came across a few obviously vintage Trans Dark Blue 2 x 2 Tiles with Groove (image attached). There is neither logo nor design ID logo on the bottom – just two pairs of random numbers. There is a catalog entry for this tile (462122-98) but it seems this is a rather obscure part: there is no image, it doesn't appear in any sets and only one store is selling it. I checked the Other Place as well, but to no avail. Since I don't have any other 2 x 2 transparent tile for reference I'm asking the community for help. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • They are made in that colour because 2x2 tiles are used for Lego's in house colour palette, but those that 'escape' normally have the number of the colour printed on.

Those in the image do not look genuine to me, but I'm no expert in identifying fakes it has to be said. If you look at a genuine 2x2 tile the inner edges (under the lip) are rounded at each corner. These don't look the same. That said, the may just be from an older mould.
  • They look like mega blocks to me, they do a lot of lego looking parts these days
  • I checked bottoms of a few older Lego tiles and they do come in variety of designs, but none has these four circular shapes – ejector pin marks – so I'm slowly coming to a conclusion that this is not a real deal.
  • They are definitively Mega Blocks. We had a big - luckily closed and separated - bag with Mega Blocks Items. And these Tiles were part of it.
    A lot of items are very close to the Originals and they are hard to get identified, especially if you sort quickly.