Please add a "lot limit" to seller options.

Having a lot limit, or cap, on the number of lots would be very helpful for newer seller/smaller stores like myself.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Why limit your sales? Are you not here to sell?
  • Yeah, I'm confused as to why you would want to limit your buyers.
  • can't think of a single reason why you would want to limit what buyers can put in their cart.
  • Some sellers on BL pad their shipping fees and reduce their part prices. Thus allowing them to be caught by the wish list wizards for small easy to deal with orders, with all the margin in the shipping. If they accepted larger orders, the tactic doesn't work.

I'm not accusing the OP, they might just want to dip their toe in the water so to speak, or be trying to manage the hours they can commit to selling.
  • @Hoddie has a good possibility for the thinking behind the original question. Allow me to add another based on what I saw an established seller do on BL:

A store could use this hypothetical "lot limit" feature to create a selling strategy which is common in retail (e.g. "Black Friday" here in the US): very limited quantity at very low prices to get store visits, but don't want all the inventory going to one user because it limits the duration the seller can show their prices.

Telling shoppers you have 50 separate parts you're selling for $0.05 per lot when the next cheapest stores are between $0.50 - $5.00 isn't very effective if the very first customer buys your entire stock. If you can limit the purchase to just a couple lots per customer, you have a little more "staying power" with your messaging. It also creates a sense of urgency and "got to get this while I can" thinking in the customer that retailers use to attract business.

It would be similar to the way new stores here on BO have "Grand Opening" sales to draw attention to themselves. The difference is instead of "% off", it would be "limit [X] per customer".
  • @hoodie you are correct, we are a relatively new store and dipping our toe in the water on BrickOwl. Just got a quote for about 3% of our entire store's inventory across 225 lots. Buyer has no feedback, no buying history, and only been on BO for 4 days...address search is a vacant building. I just think having a lot limit might dissuade blow-out orders/quotes like this. I appreciate everyone's feedback.
  • You would also exclude a very small number of high volume buyers, like myself: I am a totally crazy MOC builder and understand I am no comparison to someone getting a few parts. I fill up the carts and will actually much more likely order from those sellers where I find the most, ie have the highest lot numbers as well. I try to reduce my shipping costs by cramming as much into packages as I can, so I tend to clear out entire color sections from sellers depending on what I am building. Finding good buys and volume can be difficult. Just saying you would exclude the very small number of customers who really buy a lot. That said, they tend not to be new accounts and have a bit of feedback ...
  • Be careful with big orders from new buyers. Just saying..
This discussion has been closed.