Shipping labels via PayPal now through PayPal/ShipStation...experiences?

My first order in a little over a week came through today, so I go through my PayPal account to create the shipping label like I always do, and something very strange happened: I was re-directed to ShipStation, requiring me to link my PayPal account, creating new settings, etc. It also appears that with this change, there's no longer the ability to ship via UPS; I'm only given USPS options. At least the price I pay for shipping doesn't seem to have changed...

I didn't get an e-mail alerting me to this change, nor what to expect with it, nor a warning I'd have to create a series of shipping defaults for the various packages that I offer.

Did any of you have to go through this over the last week or so? Thoughts, experiences?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Paypal announced a while back that they would be moving over to Shipstation for their label printing starting in July. July came and went and nothing changed so people weren't sure what was up. But since the beginning of this month I have seen more and more sellers stating their accounts are being moved over to shipstation. Ours currently has not.
  • Thanks, firestar! I saw that notice, too, but figured it was something on PayPal's side, and the most I would see was a cosmetic change. I wasn't expecting to have to set up another "account" to get my product mailed out.

I think I've got everything set up now, though.
  • I was switch over 2 weeks ago, I don't really like the fact that we have to create temples for everything, we can just enter the weight and size.
    Beside that, it is pretty easy to use.
  • Thanks for the update, I haven't been switched yet, so I'll know to expect it! :-)
  • I was switched a few weeks ago and its easy to use. The banner notifying of the change is still on my dashboard and it does mention being able to ship via UPS but I cannot see a way to do this. There is a chat feature at bottom of the buy a label page so maybe that could be helpful.