Header & Logo image dimensions

I'm in the process of designing my store Header & Image logo in Photoshop, I'm having trouble finding out the correct/optimal canvas size, I've searched the forum but haven't found any questions or answers regarding this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Under the 'Help' section (link at the bottom of each page), there is a link to creating a store and various bits and bobs that are required. There's an extra settings section which refers to the header logo and states this should be rectangular and contain at least your store name as well as an image if you choose. It claims the logo will be resized automatically, but it doesn't specify a height x width ratio or dpi (catalogue submission pics have an 8mb limit, so use this as a rule of thumb?), so I assume it will adjust to the width to avoid any stretching. You can try it and see, but I think it's straightforward to remove and have another go until you find out what works best.
  • Thanks Jay, I eventually worked out the problem, I was trying to upload the PNG file & no the compressed JPEG file
  • Good to know for the future. At some point I'll get round to doing one myself - yours looks good by the way!