Reminder for US stores: USPS holiday shipping rates start Oct. 3

Just a reminder USPS holiday rates go into effect on Oct. 3. You can download price files in Excel or .csv here:

https://pe.usps.com/PriceChange/Index

Rates return to normal pricing on Dec. 26.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Thank you so much for the reminder, Heartland! This was on my mind yesterday, I was trying to remember the date - didn't realize it was so soon!
  • Thanks that explains what I was about to ask. I never noticed it until today. Probably because priority FRE went over $8.
    Anyone know if it's a percentage change? It'll be a nightmare to go through and change all the prices
  • @Graham not a percentage and only temporary. Might want to disable the current one and create a new one. When the surge is over reenable the original one.
    If it is not bad enough, I made the mistake to use retail prices instead of commercial, so I had to redo my tables twice :)
    Would be nice to be able to do an USPS import from BO....
  • @Colorado Bricks
    Thanks
    @Lawrence
    Is it not possible for you to pull prices direct from USPS API?
  • I had to manually update all mine too... one thing that would really help, as USPS never goes up by % it seems like, is if @Lawrence considered adding an "increase price by amount" option for the shipping tables.

For example, USPS went up $0.30 across the board for First Class Package Service. If we had a field similar to the "increase by %" by was instead adding an amount (in this use case, $0.30), that would save a TON of time.

I did spend several hours last Saturday manually updating everything. Sigh.

Would be AMAZING if we could pull right off the API for COMMERCIAL BASE, with the ability to then add a fixed amount or percentage to each zone/weight. That would fully automate this for many of us! :-)
  • @Calibrick , I think shipping tables need to change a little before we can do that.
    I would like to import the table as is, but then for each shipping option have the size (already do) and a tare weight (greatly missing that one).

So I can have same shipping table for all my FC, and then different tare based on volume, my envelope are 1oz, my 6x4x2 boxes are 2oz, my 9x6x3 are 3oz, etc.

@Lawrence , Based on volume, the shipping method can be picked, then tare is added to the order weight to pick the price.
  • @Colorado Bricks I totally agree... and the ability to edit the weight also, as I actually change one oz higher than the part weight to cover packaging weight.