Switched item on return

Buyer paid for a minifigure and asked for a return after receiving as not up to standard but the figure received back is not the one I sent, the cape has been pulled over the arms and torn and there is a lot more wear to the printing I'm 100% sure as it was an expensive and rare figure so I gave it a good once over before listing and has been in the official minifigure storage stands that I use,
Buyer has some feedback and been a member over a year.
Not sure what to do. Its not a mistake or whatever they are trying to pull a fast one,

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If you can prove it then it's fraud. Otherwise I'm not sure there's anything you can do. Does PayPal allow sellers to submit a claim? Perhaps you can email Brick Owl to let them know directly, it may not help you but it may help other sellers.
  • After a repeating incident with one seller I started to make things easy for my just in case. Every time I receive a package, then I ask my other half to record the package opening to the extend, where I lay all the received contents on the table/floor. It is usually a quite short clip and it isn't a long clip, because the important part is just to record all the actions.

Now, if there are issues, then it is just possible to pause the video to see if all the contents are there during the opening. Let's be honest, we don't have always time to check everything at the time of the arrival of the parcel and it is surely shaky to make claim afterwards without creating any suspicion.

OT:
    Latest incident was a mistake on my behalf where I even wrote that I'm missing a piece from the order. Then after that I checked the video and saw that the piece was there initially - found the piece afterwards under the couch...

TLDR:
    Make a picture of the package with the contents visible before shipping out and you have yourself covered. It is a two way thing...
  • Thanks for the replies, as said impossible to prove as I didn't photograph item before sending, I suppose I will refund its part of doing business I will Report an issue with brickowl and leave it.