Problem with a buyer, and dispute.

Good morning, this morning I found a problem with an order sent on August 15 to Brazil, and that is that I have been raised to a dispute by PayPal, because according to the buyer, it was not the one who made the purchase. The order in question was around € 100 and I precisely had to inform him of a two-piece failure and he answered me, with which there were some messages prior to the shipment, now he tells me that it was not he who made the order and he hn withheld funds.
Do you know if this type of dispute usually wins it in the buyer? I have provided the tracking number of the order in paypal.
Greetings and thanks in advance.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • So is he saying that it's not his BO account and someone just used his Paypal account to pay for it or that someone had access to his BO account?
  • You should be covered under PayPal. If the buyer is claiming they did not authorize the transaction PayPal will end up eating the cost more than likely. We have 13,000 orders on the other site, and both times we had that situation PayPal sided in our favor. The only way you will run into trouble is if you did not ship to the PayPal address the buyer provided.
  • Your case is particularly strong as it appears you had communications prior to the shipment, so it's not like their identity was hacked, account hacked, etc. :-) While I have no doubt this is stressful, this sounds pretty open and shut to me (you even had tracking on it).
  • Honestly, these situations stress me too much, and create a lot of helplessness, I hope I can get my money back.
    Is there any way to block this buyer?
  • Yes, you can block a buyer in your "My Store" screen by clicking the Settings tab and then the Blocked Customers button.

I totally understand the stress on this - but try not to (easy to say rather than do, I know). The reality is we're all subject to this as the cost of doing business - but SUPER fortunately, this is rare on BO. Stay well!!!
  • Sounds like the same type of scam I got. Still waiting for the outcome on it.
  • Ok, thank you very much for the support !!