Are there 2 kinds of train glass 4036 and door glass 4183?

Hello, I have a question. I found 2 different kinds of train glass in my collection. The left ones on the photo seem to have a spare, the right ones don't have this spare. It ain't damage, because I have several. Does anyone know if these both are genuine Lego pieces? Thank you for helping me...regards Syl

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Yes.

Yes, there are two kinds of train windows - 4183 is what's commonly referred to as "train glass", and 4036 is the less expensive option for doors and most other surfaces. However, both are tempered safety glass that exceeds federal requirements from impact resistance-testing. Furthermore, 4183 offers more luminance from two low e coatings in between layers of glass than 4036's single east coating. Such a difference with lower E-glass rates can be seen when looking through the respective materials - laminated or tempered (4183) versus coated or annealed (4036). The reason is because these types of optical glasses have different functions according to their composition - one transmits light while the other reflects
  • Thank you for helping me elizondoguillermo385. Didn't know about different materials for the glass. Both glasses on the left side have a spare ( 4183 at the bottom and 4036 at one side) and the ones on the right side don't have that. Is this a mold variety? Maybe adjusted a spare so the glass can be removed more easily from the window/door in which they have to be used. Although I think it doesn't help, especially to glass 4036 which is in the window very tight. I just want to be sure they are both genuine parts.