Help!

Hi there,

I’m an old dear who has a considerable amount of Lego to get rid of. My kids are now in their 30s, they do not have children and aren’t planning on having any, and neither of them are into Lego any more. Their Lego has been sitting and taking up space for about 20 years; as much as as I don’t want to lose the memories attached to the Lego, it’s about time it went.

I have tried creating an inventory for it all. I haven’t even documented half of it, and I would have to create entries in here to cover pieces that are not already listed in the catalogue. So far, what I have taken stock of is valued at approximately $550.00 (AUD).

Is there anyone out there who would like to buy everything I have for the bargain price of $1000.00 (AUD). I don’t think there’s a full set of anything left, and I don’t have instructions for most of it, and the few instruction booklets that remain are in terrible condition. The Lego, overall, is in pretty good condition and are from sets manufactured between about 1994 and 2000.

Should there be no takers, maybe one of you kind folks can tell me how to go about using this site, effectively.

Many thanks, in advance, for any and all input; it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You'd make more money by sorting it into the sets. Potentially there could be some desirable sets from that time period.
    Look up the sets for the instruction manuals that you do have and take a look at what kind of price they have sold for.
    Depends on what themes the sets are from as to how desirable they are.

There could be a lot of work involved in sorting them out, so if you just want to shift it all as a bulk lot, you'd be better of weighing it and then selling it at a 'per KG price'.

It essentially sounds like you have a used, random mix... no complete sets, no/a few bad condition instructions etc.
    In the UK, it's easy enough to pick up used bulk lots at around £5-£7 per KG. If you have lots of minifigs, that can bump the price up to around £8-£10 per KG.