Import from Brickstore

BBWBBW
edited February 2014 in Brick Owl Vote Up2Vote Down
Hello. Please, could anybody explain in an easy way the difference between the options BrickOwl gives to import data from Brickstore?

1. BrickStore .bsx file (Import / Update)
2. BrickStore .bsx file (Create items)
3. BrickStore .bsx file (Merge items)

I guess it must be about consolidate (or not) lots but I'm not sure.

Wich one(s) of the options maintain the External_Lot_ID?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • When syncing I use,

BrickStore .bsx file (Import / Update)

it keeps the external ID numbers

If I were putting something on Brick Owl only I use,

2. BrickStore .bsx file (Create items)

I don't not use the 3rd option at all.

PP
  • I always use the merge items option. It provides control as to how lots should be combined and imports lot IDs. This is useful when you have parted out a set and want to avoid creating duplicate lots (make sure to select the appropriate options).

I assume the first option (Import / Update) would replace matching lots in your inventory with what is provided in the file. Any items that are not provided in the file are probably not adjusted and this could lead to problems for items that have sold out elsewhere and the items have not been retained.

It sounds like the second option would create new lots and not combine any items with inventory you have already listed and this could create duplicate lots.

Gerrit
  • The first option is for using with external lot IDs. The second option is to just create new items, ignoring anything that is already in your inventory. The third option merges items you upload with existing items in your inventory, it has many options to decide how the merging should work.

You properly won the first option, the third option is if you want to list the parts from a single new set for example.