Brickowl and Bricklink unique part reference numbers - a problem (for me and maybe others)

Can the Brickowl order sheets show the unique Bricklink reference (ideally full part number). For me this is particularly important as I have stored all Minifigure heads against the latter four numbers of the BL Part number ie typically 3626bpb0357, 0357 being the unique part. The 'bpb' part can change of course but this only requires minor adjustments to the storage system. On BL this is great when an order comes in but on Brickowl orders that include Minifigure heads produce significant problems.
OR - is the only way round this is to add the BL reference to the remarks field. This seems a shame as synchronisation between the 2 stores must use these BL unique references anyway.
This problem for me is not unique to Minifigure heads but most significant with them because of the sheer number of variations for the 3626 Minifigure heads.
I intend to grow my presence on Brickowl as I personally foresee significant shortcomings due to the new Lego ownership there.
Geoff

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • BL numbers can not be shown here... I think it's essentially a copyright issue.
    So you would likely have to use the Remarks field for your numbering system.
  • BL won't allow BO to make the BL IDs public here. It's a bit cheeky of them considering how the BL catalogue has been created.
  • Thanks for that Beaverbrick & Hoddie. Is there a cross reference list anywhere that you might know of - like there is for colours?
  • Now that LEGO owns BrickLink, it would be a heated debate, that those IDs for LEGO parts are now public record and free to use and display.
    FYI: This is not a legal standpoint, but common sense. Which sadly does not always link up with the law.

Brick Freedom, a service that I offer (it has a fee), will allow you to pick your Brick Owl orders using BrickLink IDs via its order picking service.
  • Well there you go Brickfreedom!- plus I am already a subscriber to Brickfreedom, but only using your syncing capabilities. Need to look at the order picking in more detail. At first sight, there appeared to be drawbacks and delays incurred from time to time, I mean in certain circumstances - but if you say it should be seamless in all situations then great.
    Because Bricksync is no longer 'maintained' it became no longer viable for me - too many errors creeping in, hence I waited.. and waited but eventually your invite came through!! Thanks, Geoff