PayPal merchant rate changes in August: BrickOwl store impact?

I got the notice that PayPal is changing the merchant fees on August 2nd, and I'm trying to figure out which of the new rates I'll be charged for my sales orders. All of my sales are in the US. I haven't been comfortable making the leap to international yet with the extra rules and customs laws. :blush:

These are the rates that looked relevant, but I wasn't sure which one(s) would apply to a BrickOwl store specifically:
- PayPal Checkout, Guest Checkout, & Other Commercial Transactions: 3.49% (increasing) + 49¢ fixed US fee
- Send/receive money for goods/services: 2.89% (decreasing) + 49¢ fixed US fee
- Standard credit/debit card payments: 2.99% (increasing) + 49¢ fixed US fee

Fees for micropayments will be 4.99% (decreasing) + 9¢ (increasing) fixed US fee.

Any insight you can give is appreciated!

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I suspect most of us use PayPal and Guest Checkout (though some stores have ALSO setup micropayments for small transactions to save $$)... it really depends on how you setup your PayPal, which BO then talks to I'm pretty sure. I recommend looking at your PayPal settings and what payment processing you permitted, as a start?

For example, I only accept PayPal and only setup PayPal checkout (which also lets people use PayPal as a guest without having a PP account).

Another store may have setup direct credit card and debit using PayPal for their checkouts.
  • Looks like micropayment threshold went from $12 to $27....

I guess Paypal had to do something after loosing eBay payments
  • Thanks, Calibrick! I'll check my settings.