Making Importing Deco Easier

Anything you can do to make importing deco parts easier? When you import it gives no discription, just the size. You have no clue what part its talking about.

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm afraid I don't follow, could you expand more on what you mean?
  • Decorated you mean? Import from where?
  • If you mean uploading to your inventory, that's a catalog issue. There are many deco parts that are "unidentified".
  • Well i did put this in the catalog section. I am aware of the issue. The reason so many are un identified is there is no way to identify them.

If you upload 2 of the same parts with different deco you cant tell them apart in the catalog. I have uploaded pics to deco parts and it just sits in pending because it seems even admin or mods cant tell whats going on.
  • Pictures don't usually sit pending for that reason, it might be due to cropping, we intend to crop some ourselves at some point. The decorated parts are slowly being sorted out, there are obviously a lot of them though.
  • it just sits in pending because it seems even admin or mods cant tell whats going on.
    They know what is going on. They, Lawrence, is just being careful to not add errors and duplicates in the catalog. He checks everything for correctness before approving the submissions, He is 1 person, making sure the catalog maintains its correctness and programming EVERYTHING ELSE you see, use, and criticize.

You could help make the catalog more complete by contributing to it with images, item names, weight, dimensions, etc. Earn Catalog points for your contributions. Help make the site better instead of always jumping on Lawrence.

Statements about the admins or mods, whether you acknowledge it or not, are not very nice. You are criticizing 1 person, Lawrence, who is working very hard to make this site the "Go To" site for Lego information, parts, sets, instructions, etc. Cut him some slack.
    Melissa

• You could help make the catalog more complete by contributing to it with images, item names, weight, dimensions, etc. Earn Catalog points for your contributions. Help make the site better instead of always jumping on Lawrence.
    Why dont you see if i been doing that "before" you make that statement.

Statements about the admins or mods, whether you acknowledge it or not, are not very nice. You are criticizing 1 person, Lawrence, who is working very hard to make this site the "Go To" site for Lego information, parts, sets, instructions, etc. Cut him some slack.
    Melissa
    If he cant handle a little "Statement" then a website is the last thing he needs. I said what i said and he explained whats going on... i dont see why it needs to be a bigger deal than that. Considering what you said about me above.. you really dont have a right to talk. I do a part in making the website better when i can.. i so sorry my score isnt what yours is. Does that really though its ok for you to do what your telling me i dont need to do?

He responded the way he should have he dont need you running behind him making things worse has its got nothing to do with the topic.

All i had was a question about making this easier to tell the difference between the same parts but with different deco on them. I would have thought that would be making the site better but since im wrong.
  • Pictures don't usually sit pending for that reason, it might be due to cropping, we intend to crop some ourselves at some point. The decorated parts are slowly being sorted out, there are obviously a lot of them though.
    Cant you approve them then go back later to crop when the system or whatever is in place? I mean i understand you want them all pretty... but... isnt something better than nothing?

I would think this is a massive wast of space just letting them set there letting people keep uploading pics to items that already have pics they are just pending to be cropped.
  • edited February 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    One thing is, you can check if the price is different between two.

Add a remark of your own before import if it helps to identify them.

Import one in question to a wishlist.

I know it's easy to have the same goals and miss each other on a forum. Almost always good intentions are behind everything. :)

Joe

• Great how you glossed over the main point of my post. Guess it wasn't obvious that I think you owe Lawrence an apology. Attack me all you want about what I said in my post, but stop criticizing Lawrence. He has a lot of work to do. Try treating him with a bit more respect.
    Melissa
  • If i owe him one... you owe me one. you did the same thing. You acted like because my score is not what yours is i do nothing to help. Me making this post was an effort to help. Sorry i don't have the time being a single father in las vegas you do to upload tons and edits but i do what i can. But because my score isn't what yours is you choose to tell me to actually do something and keep my mouth shut.

i didnt disrespect the admin, i simple stated that i think the system could use work that they may be having a hard time thereself. Im sorry but what you did.. way worse.

And blocking me from your store? really? You hate me so much you dont even want my money but you don't think your being a little out of line toward me yourself? ok.
This discussion has been closed.