used Friends sets

Hi
In everyones experience do Friends sets (used but in a good condition) sell here on Brick Owl. I am weighing up my options here - whether to attempt to sell them on here or to put them up on a marketplace site.
Has anyone ever sold them on here please?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I've never tried to sell a Friends set, but I certainly sell a respectable amount of parts from Friends sets, e.g., the pastel colored parts, stickered items, mini dolls and mini doll parts, accessories, and of course, the cute-as-all-get-out mini animals (those sell GREAT! <s>). Unsure if that helps you at all!
  • @Calibrick not really but THANKS for taking the time to reply :) I actually have quite a few of the parts for sale myself but I recently bought a job lot and there were quite a few sets in there, so wondered would it be better to sell them disassembled or sell as sets
  • While I do not sell anything in BO yet, I do sell used sets in local market and suprisingly, the Friends sets go with quite high price per piece (especially sets with horses). I also have to mention, that I only sell 100% complete sets with instructions. But I do need to point out, that they seem to go a lot better at "moms forums" than regular sales sites.

I hope I don't hurt anyone, but I do have a feeling that those sets are for people not so much aware of the actual market value of the sets and more interested in the playability features to their daughters.
  • In my experience, selling on here you would be better parting out, some of the friends sets will sell quickly and for decent money on Facebook or the bay though.
  • Thank you for your comments, not having much luck selling them unless people offer nowhere near the asking price and far below what the sets are worth!! Thinking of just parting them out on here :-)