Brickfreedom

I've been looking at using Brickfreedom instead of Bricksync but can't find any easy to navigate help pages for setting up and technical stuff. There's a discord server and I've had a look at that but I don't like the way discord is laid out, it's not too intuitive to read and find info that easily and I know there are some Youtube vids but was wondering if there is a more standard type of help page(s)?

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hey

Brick Freedom creator here.

Sadly I have no help pages, I was attempting to make it so simple that they were not required. I will look into adding some basic documentation 👍

Jump on discord and nudge me directly with any questions you have in the mean time 😎
  • Thanks, I've set it up to the point where I've linked the APIs, I just need to make sure I'm careful when pulling the trigger as I've got quite a lot of lots and have had a few Bricksync issues in the past. I'll work it out I guess, Cheers.
  • @pippyblocks
    Just out of curiosity, why do you want to stop using BrickSync?
  • @beaverbrick several reasons really. I've had a few issues with Bricksync in the past and when things go wrong (such as BL messing with the API) we rely on the goodwill of people who understand the code to come to the rescue. From running a business perspective this doesn't sit right with me, if Bricksync fails I have to close my BO store until I find a solution. Not ideal and there may come a day where I can't get a solution. So I thought I'd try Brickfreedom for a month or so and if it goes well then I'm happy with that, the extra cost to use it isn't an issue. Plus it is nice not to rely on one of my computers to have to constantly manage the connection coupled with the fact it looks like BF is evolving meaning more usful tools / features in the future.
  • I switched from brick sync to Brick freedom a couple of months ago.

It's really very easy to setup and use - I would highly recommend you take the plunge!!

It's much easier to use the bricksync and seems to be a lot more reliable, and like you mentioned you don't have to have a computer running all the time - it certainly gives me great peace of mind knowing that brick freedom is always running!
  • I use Brick packer which is good for 7 years and i tried the Bricksync but did not like the way to keep my computer open 24 hours a day, which waste electricity and computer eventually slow down to freeze up.
  • There are YouTube videos you can use to help with setup. Its very simple. I started back in February and it has almost doubled my sales.
  • I also second BrickPacker. Never had any issues and admin are extremely helpful and quick to respond. Good for sellers who aren't familiar with computer coding/programming, etc.
  • Documentation now available: https://brickfreedom-docs.netlify.app

I still have a few pages to complete, but it's getting close.
  • Really disappointing that BrickFreedom is ending support for BrickOwl primary stores.
    I guess there aren't many of us out there..