Add a way to create a custom size

When I have something I would like to add to my store, when I click add to store button on the item, then click advanced there is an option to add a custom weight (see attached picture).

I would like there to be a way I could do the same with size because I have an instance that I added a set (75116) that the size on the item page says the size is what it is when it is built. But, I was able to fit it into a bag smaller than that when it is disassembled.

The reason that this is a problem is that the size that it is listed at on BO is too big to fit in a shipping box that I have, but the size that actualy have fits.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • So sorry, I just realized that the title of this discussion is wrong. It should say "Add a way to create a custom size"
  • In your original post you state that the set when assembled doesn't fit into a certain size package but you were able to get it to fit when disassembled. So as a set it is too large but as parts it fits. But you didn't list parts you are listing a set. So BO takes the set dimensions. Having the ability to list a set with smaller dimensions when in parts would be confusing and would likely cause issues with the system determining the proper shipping method. How does BO know if you are going to ship as a set or as parts, it doesn't. You have one or the other.
  • I had the impression that sets and minifigures on this site had TWO dimensions under the edit screen: assembly size and package size. I know I've seen those and even submitted data for those fields for sets and minifigs...? Those are there for this exact scenario. You have to go the set or minifig's catalog entry and hit EDIT, then look at DIMENSIONS or ATTRIBUTES, I forget which. :-)
  • edited June 2021 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks for the replies. @Calibrick , yes, I could edit it in the catalog, but if I say that my size is for example, 10 inches x 6 inches, but someone else has a package that they have it in that is 12 inches x 10 inches. Then, that could be a problem with their shipping methods. If you could have an option to add a custom size, then there would be no problem with it.
  • I thought the set dimensions listed are for the box size, not the assembled model size. I often have second hand sets that ship in a smaller package (as I rarely have the original box), so I add a note on the listing explaining that if it ships as a smaller package I will refund any over postage. That said, having the ability to set custom dimensions would be useful.