Order on hold

Is there a way to put an order on hold?
I have a buyer who placed an order and paid for it. Now they have requested that I hang on to it for a while before mailing because they would like to add to it.
So, can I place the order on hold so that it does not get flagged by the system as being overdue for shipping?

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Sadly, no. I know it was brought up back when those metrics were showing up and Lawrence mentioned that the metrics mean nothing (at least now), so the only pause that I'm aware of is over weekends. I get a few of these cases where they ask to keep it open, even if you would have packed and shipped the same day.
  • I'm pretty sure that Lawrence recently changed it so once the order has been added to, it will no longer be flagged by the system.
  • Reopening this thread to double-check the comment made by @firestar246. I'm experiencing this now: The original order was placed/paid for on Sunday, but customer would like me to leave it open until Thursday so they can continue shopping. I have a shipping window of 1-3 days, so this request obviously means I won't meet that deadline. I'm willing to accommodate the customer, but don't want a point against me, either.
  • You won't get a point against you.
    When only 1 order is out of range nothing will happen.
    Only when a second order becomes overdue then there will be a warning banner (only for you to see) stating that there are overdue orders.
    But even then nothing will happen to your store.

So relax, wait for your buyer to finish, and ship when he/she is ready to go :smile:
  • Also, the delay is at the customer's request, so you as a seller will have communication from them to explain the additional time should there ever be a query.
  • Yeah I wouldn't worry, if BO approached you for an explanation, you have the best one there is - you're delaying at the customer's request.
  • Awesome! Thanks, everyone!