Do customers get notified once I mark order as shipped

Hi
Was just wondering if customers get a notification once I mark order as shipped.
I've come from bricklink and know on there you send a message after marked as shipped but not come across anything on here to do the same sort of thing
Thanks Simon

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Yes they do. If you look at the order there's a history section at the bottom that tells you when it was sent.
  • @Le60sph it is important to “Add” a tracking number before selecting Shipped when applicable. That gives the buyer a box on their order page that shows the dynamic movements through the transit system and places that number and info directly on the “Shipped” email sent on your behalf.🙂
  • Great point, @One_Click_Off! I went two years here before realizing if I added it there it would provide real-time tracking right on the order screen, lol... using that vs. sending a separate message to the customer saved a lot of time!

@Le60sph, once you marked SHIPPED, the BO system sends an email to your customer on your behalf - that is the only point after they submit payment (they get one as a confirmation at that stage) that they receive a proactive email from BO automatically.

When I started my store here, I bought an item from myself just to see how the system works... it's really nifty, saves a lot of time IMHO and is a lot easier for the customers too vs. BL - just my personal opinion, of course. :-)
  • Hi Guys
    thanks for your time and help on this.