Package Return

Hi,

I have a issue with one costumer. The package came back with the mention that the adresse is wrong, after verification and confirmation from the person the adresse on the package is correct. What do you do in such a case?

Regards Eric

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Write to the customer that he needs to contact his local postservice, and ask why the mail did not get delivered to him, If possible, maybe take a screenshot of the package you have and send to the customer, so he can mail it to the post office and ask.

If everything is correctly written, i would guess it is the local post office that have made a mistake.
    Or if the customer is newly moved to said address, maybe the post office just dont have updated information.
  • In Estonia, it is possible, that the package was to big to be delivered to the destination and then it is taken to the post office, where the customer has to pick up the parcel for themselves. If it isn't picked up in 30 days or something, then it will be returned. If there is a wrong address, then they place a sticker on the parcel stating so.
  • edited April 2021 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The costumer want to be refund, but the fault is not by me. He dont want to invistiguet where the problem was.
  • It would be helpful to send the customer a picture of exactly why the package was returned. It looks like you have attempted to do this by asking the customer for their e-mail address, but you do not need to do this. You can just reply to an e-mail with the attachment, or you can get there brick owl e-mail address from the contact tab of the customer.
  • If the delivery address is within the EU you have to stand the loss and refund the customer in full. EU-based consumers have a right to withdraw from a business-to-consumer contract at any point up until the 14th day after the order was delivered. As this order hasn't been delivered, they're within their rights to withdraw. Re-stocking fees are illegal in the EU.

If the customer had agreed that the address they gave you was wrong, you could withhold the postage costs. In this case, because they tell you it's correct, you need to submit a complaint to the shipping company - you may only get a few stamps for your trouble but it's better than nothing.

If the customer is not in the EU, you could in theory refuse to refund and then it's up to the consumer about what happens next. If they paid by PayPal you're probably going to lose anyways, though if you argue your case with PayPal you never know. BrickOwl may not be so understanding, I'm not sure how they'd react to be honest.

This has only happened to me a couple of times over the years, and what I do is refund the customer and stick the order on Ebay. In the listing I'm open about what happened, stick up a picture of the parts still in the polys and mention the price paid by the original customer. On one I got about 50% back, the other I almost got the full amount (before fees, etc.). I lose out but it's not really worth the time investment to worry about it.
  • We had that happen once. The address was correct yet it was for some reason returned. We just sent it back out and it was delivered that time. You could try doing that.