got my first brickowl bill / what will the admin splash out on ?

nice to see that brickowl charges a commission rather than a fee , very biz modernium :)
what will admin spend the commission on ?
brickowl corporate jet ?

Comments

• 20 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I did wonder if anyone would comment, it is quite a milestone for Brick Owl to start getting a regular income. I've splashed out on a second server, still in the process of setting it up. It will be a backup server and probably also handle image serving to speed up images.
  • I must admit, I was more than happy to pay my commission bill this morning. VERY much looking forward to the future/growth of the site as the dough begins to roll in for you Lawrence. Most pleased with the quick action/responses to issues that arise and the continual improvement on the site. Job very well done and I hope your labor begins to reward itself.
  • Just paid my first bill and I am left with a Rebrickable fee of 32p but my balance is 33p. I wonder if there is some rounding issue going on. Also when will the Rebrickable fees be due?
  • The rebrickable commission is just for rebrickable, the balance includes any decimal pennies for Brick Owl commission. If you put both the decimal pennies together it probably accounts for the penny difference. Not certain, but I think I dealt with all the rounding issues.

The Rebrickable balance is due when its over £5. The paypal fee splitting thing isn't very good, so to save him on fees he is only paid when over that threshold.
  • I must admit, I was more than happy to pay my commission bill this morning. VERY much looking forward to the future/growth of the site as the dough begins to roll in for you Lawrence. Most pleased with the quick action/responses to issues that arise and the continual improvement on the site. Job very well done and I hope your labor begins to reward itself.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Thank you, Lawrence :)

Isabel
  • Admin, if you and Rebrickable don't already have secondary PayPal accounts set up as micropayments, accounts, you should look into it. You can route the split to the account that has the lower fee structure based on the amount.
  • Is it ok with Paypal to have two accounts for that reason?
  • Yes, congratulations Lawrence. That first paycheck has been a long time coming and is certainly well deserved.
  • Invoiced paid here as well. And I concur with everything said above. Well done @Admin (Lawrence). You have done an outstanding job in a short amount of time. I can only see positive things for Brick Owl in the future.

I do have one request though, is there any chance you would make it where we can edit the payment amount? I am not sure about others but from time to time I will generally pay extra to round an invoice out to an even number to help with the next months invoice. Or visa versa, it may be one of the slower months where I pay the invoice off in multiple payments. Is this possible?

At any rate thank you for what you have done. I am excited to see what the future holds.

PP
  • I too just paid my well deserved commission. Congratulations to brickowl and to you Lawrence! Keep up the great work and don't forget to save some!

Chris
  • @Minifigforlife, yes you can. You need to have a separate bank account, and you have to call and talk to someone over the phone to have them change your second account to the micropayments fee structure. Its saved us hundreds of dollars on PayPal fees this year.
  • @Dads Thanks, taking the plunge. Specially with the Mini-Orders we get here a lot.
  • @DadsAFOL

FYI, here in Canada, they are "no longer promoting micropayment accounts"

IF you have more than $3000 go through an account each month for a while, then they will talk to you about it.

• Well done @Admin you've done an incredible job so far Lawrence. Always been pleased with your quick replies and how quick you fix problems etc.
    I've had a slow start with sales but since January things have really picked up, just in time for your commission. But very happy to pay it!! You should print out that first commission payment and put it on your wall! Hopefully it will get higher and higher!
  • I wanna pay, I wanna pay! Where's my invoice, why can't I pay? Guess I didn't hit the threshold yet.

Brian
  • Even if you have/haven't there is no email invoice. You have to go here http://brickowl.com/mystore/orders/account to pay it.
  • The Minimum is £5.
    I'm guessing we receive a message when we go above that?
  • Not for me, I didn't receive any message, had to go in and pay because I was curious.
  • On your store dash it will have it as a new task if you need to pay.