how to add payment fee's?

hello everyone,
when customers pay with Stripe, this service counts a fee (I do not know if this is also the case for micropayment PayPal). I would like to know if it is possible to automatically add fees to the orders according to the payment method used by the customer?

Thanks for your help :smile:

Christophe

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Nope!

You're not allowed to add on extra fees here. Whatever you want to charge your customers needs to be included in your shipping charge.
  • Okay:) That's why I couldn't find it.
    But it's not very practical, if I sell a minifig at 50€ (I do not have it in stock :) which weighs 4gr, or that I sell parts for 4 euros that weigh 250gr, I can not integrate really these charges that are related to the value of objects more than to their weight.
  • For a percentage fee that is charged on the value of an order you need to take that into account when you set the price for your items.
  • @Tresbrick its actually very practical and makes this site much more buyer friendly! (no hidden costs or needing a degree in maths to work out what you're actually going to be charged).

and as @Mrs Swoop said You just need to make sure you price your items accordingly (taking into account your costs).
  • where is "account your costs"? in the french interface it's not always easy to find equivalence
  • @Tresbrick it just means that you must consider your costs when you set the prices for your items. There isn't anywhere on BO to enter costs, you have to calculate that yourself.