Shipping to the UK from USA with new VAT rules

I am still a bit confused about shipping to the UK from the USA. Is there now an additional form required to show VAT has been paid?

I have seen statements indicating "A customs invoice will be required for each parcel that shows UK VAT along with the product price in order for the parcel to be released out of customs". How do I get this and does it go in the package or on the outside? Basically, how do I prove VAT has been paid on shipments to the UK.

Thank you.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It's still not clear. bPost (Belgian post office) suggest you include 3 printed invoices within an envelope attached to the outside off the parcel. Three so that the customs office of both the host and destination country can each retain a copy, and an additional one for the customer.

You'll also need to attach a CN22 or CN23 depending on the value. And I've taken to adding an additional sticker that explicitly states "UK VAT paid via OMP BrickOwl Ltd, VAT number GB366824270". I don't know if this helps at all but until the guidance becomes clear I'm taking no chances.