Store feedback

Hey all.

This is a general question for all store owners.

I see often that stores has giving buyers a positive feedback, when they had bought from the store. I my self have gotten some myself.
Now with me and my experience, i often get that feedback whenever the store get to my order.

And to be nice, i dont understand why we as store owners can make those feedback, before the order has either been marked as received, or just a month or so after the send date.

This is of cause to "mark" a buyer of potential good or bad behavior, but still. If anyone wants, could you enlighten me :-)

Comments

• 23 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I suppose if the customer has made the order and paid, then that is the end of their involvement so a store could leave feedback then, even if the order hasn't been picked, packed or sent. Personally I leave feedback once I have shipped the order.
  • I would say the involvement is only done when the customer has gotten the bought lego.

For me i am asking because i recently had a customer writing back to me when he got the lego, that the box it was shipped in was in good condition, but the New lego box set i had sent him was damaged.

All the feedback he had gotten was positive, so i had no way of knowing if this person was a scammer, i wrote to him a long email back and fourth and even asked for a photo as proof. Of cause because i would never send a damaged set without writing it in the note.

But this person went all crazy on me, and never got back to me.

So by leaving a feedback right away, you as a seller is "blocked" from giving a feedback if and when something like this should happen. Right ?
  • And by the way, we can ONLY make a positive options as sellers, which i find weird. If i had a bad experience with a customer, i would like to have an option to place a Negative feedback at a customers page.

Just as much as they can with us.
  • As you rightly mention we as sellers can't leave anything negative, but I leave feedback more as a thank you for the order, rather than how the transaction has been. As the reciprocal feedback from customers on BO is quite low I cannot rely on that as confirmation that the order has been received without problem (and I don't believe in the customer having to leave feedback first before I do). I take the approach that if I hear nothing, then everything is fine; feedback from a customer is a bonus but not a requirement.
  • Agreed with you that we should have Neutral and Negative to strike back to bad buyers, I have couples of bad buyers that I need to strike them and warn others but cannot do so. Lucky BO rarely have many scammers like you said than in BL.
  • Like Jay, I leave feedback as soon as we ship to thank them for their business... this is just a personal business decision. My opinion is that once they've paid me, they've done their part - if I got their money no problems, they're ok in my book! :-) I find any issues that may arise from shipping package damage, etc., have nothing to do with the buyer's one job (which is to errrr pay me). :-) Again stealing from Jay: "feedback from a customer is a bonus but not a requirement." :-)
  • I know. But what if the buyer then later writes something like, "You missed items in my order" or, "the package was broken". But you know completely you have done everything right.

Then you left a positive feedback, that is not correct, because this person tries to scam you. Hence leaving new shops unknown to this.
    And i know we have had a few topics about these kinds of customers, so it is not all unthinkable.
  • Sellers cannot leave neutral or negative feedback because that is open to abuse, as happens all the time on BL - every day there's a forum thread about a buyer not leaving deserved negative feedback for a bad seller because they know the seller will reciprocate.

I leave feedback for buyers when I print out the picking list usually, but almost certainly after I've posted their order if not before. While feedback should reflect the entire transaction, and @Malnaborg is correct when he says that posting early may be a mistake if the buyer subsequently makes the transaction a poor one for whatever reason, the option is open to delete the feedback you've left, and no feedback is about the worst you can do to a buyer here. Other than use the 'report issue' feature to let BO/other sellers know what's happened.
  • I believe that BO allow s you to comment (append) to any negative feedback received, so the seller can clarify that the buyer was incorrect b/c of X... tho the vast majority of people are quite honest in my experience. :-)
  • I leave feedback when I ship because my job is done. They paid me, I shipped. As long as I did my job correctly, there should be no issues. Mistakes happen and if I make a mistake (and I have), I would expect the customer to contact me first before just leaving negative feedback. So far I have had very gracious customers that have allowed me to fix the mistake.
  • Feedback is kind of my weakness, to be honest. :) I usually do a mass feedback posting once a month. So some buyers may get their feedback a few days later, some wait a whole month. If a buyer ever contacts us requesting feedback, we leave it immediately.

The one thing I see a lot on the other site that I don't like is that many buyers and seller alike don't send feedback until the other party does. Doesn't seem right. Feedback should be based on the transaction, and I don't see the feedback itself as part of the transaction, more of an extra. To withhold feedback simply because the other party hasn't left feedback themselves shouldn't happen.
  • So, I had a seller miss some items. I sent them a message... how long should I wait to give them negative feedback?
  • We make the same at Bricks-Shop. In the moment we ship the order, we leave the feedback. Because our job is done so far: order received, payment received, shipped.
    Everything what happens afterwards is our kind of Service. We made a mistake and something is missing, or a transportation damage, or something else. Our customers contact us always before they leave any feedback. We solve the problem in a pro-active way, the customer is happy at all and leaves also a positive feedback. If you take a look into our feedback list, you can see a few comments from customers where we had complaints.

The other side is what happens if a buyer has a lot of negative feedback. But they buy from your shop, they pay and than? We always trust in the people and we do never take a look into their feedback if they have ordered. It's not interesting and we do not have time for that.

Have a great day,
    Oliver from Bricks-Shop.
  • @ender42 I think a good service would be if they got back to you within 1 working day, I would give them a couple of days before messaging again and if they didn't reply quickly to that then I would raise an issue with BO and/or Paypal (or whichever payment provider). I would only leave feedback when it's all sorted so I know what to say.
  • @ender42, personally I would hold back as Mrs Scoop says. It is far easier to resolve matters via the seller, then Lawrence and finally PayPal, who would refund you if the order is wrong and the seller won't help. But as a new member, issuing a negative at this point would really mess up your own feedback. You issue one and there is a certainty you will get a retaliatory one in return. You would then be on minus feedback straightaway and stores are likely to least favour you or stop list you.

Common sense says there are better ways than threatening negatives

Just my two-penneth!
  • @ender42 , I echo Mrs Swoop... if you messaged the seller via the BO system, give them 2 working days to respond - if you want to be extra sure, send them another note, asking if they maybe didn't see your first message and give it another couple of days. If still radio silent, submit a BO issue report and if BO cannot get it resolved, get a PayPal dispute going... hopefully the seller is just behind on email, most everyone here is pretty awesome in my experience! :-)
  • Re retaliatory feedback - do people really do that here? I do feel after the buyer has made all reasonable attempts at the lowest level and waited a fair amount of time to both parties, they have every right to warn other buyers about poor communication practices by a seller. Sure, the seller could write something nasty back, but if it's clearly retaliatory (vs. a new buyer going from 0 to 60 in a half second flat without even trying to work it out), I suspect BO would consider removal.
  • IMO feedback should be exchanged only after the order is completed, not before. Either successfully, or if there is a problem that should be dealt with completely first.
    Otherwise feedback becomes part of the transaction and/or problem, which causes another problem on top of it like extorsion or retaliation, which leads to escalation of the problem.
  • I agree on that. My original point was every avenue needs exploring before any negative is issued. I just feel the OP needs to hold back on a negative. It does no good for anyone.
  • Hello,
    I was advised to suggest something about feedbacks on customers...
    The thing is, I, as a store owner, may receive neutral or negative feedbacks, but I don't get why I can only leave positive feedback on customers??
    So customers can have a look on stores, but store owners, who spend so much time updating their stores and selling, and from whom Brickowl gets fees, are not able to see if customers are good or dishonest people?
    On other websites, it is possible, and I find it really fair as sometimes customers are really dishonest or even psychos and it's been happening a lot more recently.
    why on earth would stores be the only ones who get bad feedbacks, as customers are a real pain in the ass too, sometimes?
    I suggest store could leave neutral or negative feedbacks, too, as it would only be fair.
  • edited April 2023 Vote Up0Vote Down
    dup
  • I would even argue why a shop even has the possibility to give feedback on "how good was the customer" to begin with? To what purpose? (See my reply to another relevant post in the forum)

When is a customer "good"? When he silently accepts the item never arrived? When he doesn't complain when an item is damaged or missing? Is a customer "bad" when he wants a full refund for an item that never arrived?

The shop on the other hand, is obligated to get the order to the customer, regardless of who the customer is and what experiences other shops have with the customer.
    I believe a shop that tries to do the best, will get mostly positive reviews anyway. (We just shouldn't focus too much on the "100%": +90% is extremely well!)
  • I already had problems with customers, and I still find it unfair not to be able to warn *EASILY*, *QUICKLY* other stores about it..
    Personal view of course.
    this is always so very interesting to discuss these matters in good intelligence with others, don't you think so? ;)