Weight of the parts of a complete set?

Hello,

Long story short - I know that I can get the weight of an individual part from BL, but is there a way to get the full weight of the Lego parts for specific sets? Is there a way to import-export the weight of the parts to a given set and or is there a tool, where I could just somehow import-export some list of parts for that certain set to get the total weight?

Also, just to note, then I need this weight not only to sets that I own, but also for sets that I do not have yet... So actual physical scaling isn't an option.

With regards,
P6tu

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @P6tu

BrickStore is probably your best bet. You can create your own inventories or download sets inventories and it will tell you the weight of all the parts you select.

So you could select all parts for the total weight of a set/inventory.

You could also add or copy/paste individual parts to a new document for more customised weights.
  • I have been surfing around Brickstore (nowadays BrickLink) and did not find it until I realized that this was a snapshot from the BrickStock program. Next thing that took some time to understand, was to realize that you have to select multiple parts to get the weight in BrickStock. For individual parts the BrickStock info window does not show the weight. But it seems that BrickStock would be the best bet indeed for weight =). Thank you!
  • Sorry, I should have put a link to the program so it was obvious where the screen shot came from!

There is a weight column in BrickStore. By default, you have to scroll across to the right to see it, although the columns can be set to show/hide and they can be re-ordered too.

BrickStore has been revived and is actively being developed on github.
    The latest version can be downloaded at... https://github.com/rgriebl/brickstore/releases