Heads up for BrickSync users, BL errors

Just noticed that BS was giving errors on contacting Bricklink servers.
Errors started showing today at 11:35 GMT +1, but looking further back it seems that the BL server could not be contacted from March 21 23:53 (GMT +1).
If you are using BS maybe it is a good idea to check is everything is up and running for you.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Thanks for the heads up. I noticed a similar error a few days ago (probably on the 21st) but just shutdown BS and restarted it and it's been working fine since. Hope it was a glitch
  • Yeah same I did a BS close and restart and all was well.
  • I also (just now) restarted BS and looks like it is running fine.
    I normally look at it once a day but had not done so for a few days (that's what you get when everything runs smooth for months).
    What I find strange is that BS only started genarating error logs today and not 2 days ago :(
  • The issue with BS is that it resolves "api.bricklink.com" (amongst others) to an IP address at startup, and then keeps using that IP address. If for whatever reason the IP address for the site changes, all BS instances start failing. After a BS restart, it is obviously OK again.

I Frankenstein'd my copy to do a forced resolve each time it starts a new action. Unfortunately I can't simply share these changes as my sources have been modified extensively for other purposes, but I'm sure others who worked on the source code can do a similar thing.

Niek.
  • Maybe @beaverbrick could help us with that? :)