Brickstore New / Sealed Set SubCondition Error

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has run into this issue and knows of a workaround or if it's something I'm doing wrong or if it's something I should report to the BrickOwl team. Let's say I have a store with a single item, the Harry Potter Monster book of Monsters set and I have it marked as New / Sealed in Brickstore. When I attempt to upload it to BrickOwl I get an import error that Condition NM is not valid. If I change it to New / Complete then it works fine. It seems like BrickOwl doesn't recognize the SubCondition M as Sealed. Is it supposed to be S and if so, why does Brickstore set it to M? When I upload the same XML to Bricklink it seems to understand it as New / Sealed.

The XML is included below, thanks.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE BrickStoreXML>
<BrickStoreXML>
<Inventory Currency="USD">
<Item>
<ItemID>30628-1</ItemID>
<ItemTypeID>S</ItemTypeID>
<ColorID>0</ColorID>
<ItemName>The Monster Book of Monsters</ItemName>
<ItemTypeName>Set</ItemTypeName>
<ColorName>(Not Applicable)</ColorName>
<CategoryID>227</CategoryID>
<CategoryName>Harry Potter</CategoryName>
<Status>I</Status>
<Qty>1</Qty>
<Price>34.990</Price>
<Condition>N</Condition>
<SubCondition>M</SubCondition>
<TotalWeight>400.0000</TotalWeight>
</Item>
</Inventory>
</BrickStoreXML>

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • BrickStore runs on the BL database so uses that site's nomenclature. I would however expect BO, when importing a BSX file, to ignore the <SubCondition> tag when not recognised, and post a warning to check after the import.
  • How are you getting the XML file? When you export (as opposed to just saving) from BrickStore as 'BrickLink XML' the resulting XML file should have the compatible subcondition (S in this case).

File - Export - BrickLink XML
  • BrickStore uses M because originally BL used it as MINT, but they changed it a long time ago to S for Sealed.
  • Are you sure that BL does it with this same sub-condition?
    When I donwload an xml from BL it gives a S for a sealed set.
    Maybe it gets an empty subcondition?

I'm not sure how Brickstock makes the xml (for BO), but to it looks like an error in that part.

The subcondition can't be ignored by BO since a set does need it, there is no option with only condition (as is on BL) as far as I can tell
  • Just tested this and it is a difference when using 'Save' & 'Export'.
    'Save' gives you the subcondition 'M', but 'Export' gives you the subcondition 'S'.

Looking at your file above, that is a 'Save'... you need to use 'Export to BrickLink XML' to generate the file :)
  • I've added a mapping in our code to map NM to NS, so I guess that should now work.
  • Aaaah Brick*store* - yes it's been resurrected, hasn't it? Maybe a note on the github to report the XML needs updating to S rather than M.

But aye, I imagine Lawrence's quick code update should do the trick nicely.
  • Ah great, thanks everyone for looking into this and Lawrence for the codechange. beaverbrick is of course correct in their assessment, sorry I did not specify I was saving the Brickstore .bsx file (which is just XML) and attempting to upload it vs exporting BrickLink XML.