Shipping Quote only for instructions?

I noticed that the instructions in my store are quote only and I'm trying to figure out how to fix that so it works with my shipping options. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Do you have dimension limits on the shipping methods? Their default dimensions for instructions may be over them.
  • I do have it set to cap at 280mm or 11 inches, but I don't see any set dimensions under the instructions in the catalog. The instructions aren't even that big. Do I have to enter in dimensions for each one?
  • The default may well be over that in one dimension, as they can be larger. When viewing your inventory, on the left you can filter by those missing height/width etc and enter the dimensions,
  • Not to be a pain, but would it be possible for you to change the default size? Only instructions for the sets that have 800+ pieces in them are bigger than 280mmx280mm.
  • 'Voted no' (not that you can).

It's better to have to quote 1-2 orders than to have to pay a lot more in 1-2 orders for shipping. If not you can always provide the real measures...
  • I'm afraid the shipping system can only work when items have dimensions entered. Changing the default dimensions may benefit you, but it will harm other stores as shipping will be undercharged. On the positive side, once dimensions are entered by someone, everyone can benefit. On the left of your inventory it shows all of the different types of information that items are missing. The more information that items in your store has, the more likely you are to get sales from customers.