How to add shipping cost to order / invoice?

I received an order, but where to add shipping cost?
Currently the order shipping cost is 0,00 which of course I cannot ship it for...

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Unlike BL, you cannot add a shipping cost after the order has been placed.

BO works as follows:

1) Set up your shipping methods: https://www.brickowl.com/mystore/settings/shipping_methods
    2) Allow 'request a quote' for any order not covered by your shipping methods.
    3) Buyers place orders and select a shipping method if available, or 'request a quote' if not.

4a) If the order was placed with 'request a quote' - it's not an order as such, just that the customer has asked how much it would cost to ship. You can enter the shipping cost and then the buyer decides whether or not to proceed.

4b) Once the buyer has accepted the shipping cost, either because there was one automatically available or they've accepted the quote you provided, the order is placed and the buyer pays.

If you've received an order with 0.00 shipping cost, it's because you have a shipping method set up that way. Or perhaps you've received a 'quote request' rather than an actual order.
  • Oke, I understand. This order is free of shipping then, lucky customer. No problem.
    I am indeed used to add all charges afterwards then send invoice, so this is just a different approach B)
  • Order status is now Pending. Do I need to wait for payment only? I do not have to do anything until payment received?
  • First of all, review your shipping methods so you don't get any more with no shipping added.

If its pending that suggests they haven't yet paid, or perhaps they have but did not mark it as paid. Did you provide payment instructions? If not you'll need to send them a message.

You may have done this already but you can set up your available payment methods by adding instructions on how to pay.
  • Is this your first Paypal payment? I seem to remember that for my first (and possibly a few more) Paypal order I had to manually mark the payment as received in BO, something about verifying accounts I think. Check that you have actually received the payment in Paypal, if you have then you can click on the Payment Received button at the top of the order.
  • @Hoddie I have provided IBAN and Paypal so paying should not be a problem. Well, this order without shipping but that is not a problem. I've adjusted the shipping method to account for cost.
  • @Mrs Swoop actually it is my 3rd order on BO, the first two were in 2013 and 2014. Since then I have not been active here, but now starting again :smile: I remember now that back then these orders had no shipping either so making the same 'mistake' again :wink: anyway learning as I go along