A buyer and a seller at the same time

Hello again,

So I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Me and my son, we can be concidered as a set collectors. We get our sets mostly from "graigs list" so to say from those bulk sales where someone is selling their whole Lego lot with all the set and pieces and etc. Over time we have accumulated quite conciderable amount of extra parts and well - we are running quite out of space already. So, as a natural thing, I have been thinking about putting those extra pieces for sale - but this brings up some conflicting points, store setting up issues, transportation problems and therefor I have some requests to the community.

1. The biggest issue - how will other stores act on this if another store, who is selling items also wants to buy items (as we would still need to buy the spares that are missing from some sets that we get and we also still make some MOCs)?
2. Since I'm not in for the profit and we, as a team with my son, are not chasing the best buck out of our pieces, we would be selling them conciderably cheap - how does that affect the other stores?
3. Why am I not able to set a transportation method other than the "request quote"? I have set up two other options, but they are disabled and I can't seem to find a way to enable them.
4. What would be the correct option to choose to set the prices for the pieces after the current minimum price? I was able to find a way to get an all time minimum, but that would mostly set the price around 1 cent for everything.
5. Last but not least - is there someone who would be interested in buying all those pieces as a whole deal (there are around 20 000 pieces from all types of bricks except minifig pieces, plants, baseplates and minifig accessories)? If there is someone really interested, then I can obviously share the list of spares in either BO or Rebrickable.

All clarifying questions and feedback is greatly appriceated =) .

With best regards,

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • 1. Many sellers are also buyers.

2. You set your own prices. Don't worry about it.

3. Go to https://www.brickowl.com/mystore/settings/shipping_methods - click on the shipping method and ensure there's a tick in the box next to 'Enabled' near the top.

4. Not sure I understand the question, but when you add a lot to your store, BO suggests a price to use based on the top setting on this page: https://www.brickowl.com/mystore/settings/inventory_settings

5. Sellers are always looking to buy inventory. You could list what you have in your store and then make a forum post inviting offers.
  • edited March 2021 Vote Up0Vote Down
    1. Good - I don't want to be stepping on anyones toes =).
    2. Good - I don't want to have bad influence over someone and don't want to make anyone feel bad.
    3. I thought that this tick was related to the zone shipping option. All clear now, thanks (Y) !
    4. Okay, I had that 0.01 cent thing there... Okay, okay... needs a lot of attention or getting used to...
    5. Cool :P .