No Orders :(

Where did everyone go? Orders have nose dived this month. Not just here on Brick Owl, Bricklink too. Anyone else doing much less than normal?

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Yup! well kind of!

Not a single order on here for 2 days (normally get an average of at least 2 a day if not more). March average is currently less then 1 per day.

Bricklink orders whilst not getting as many the ones i have got have been big ones!
  • I am doing quite okay, I have at least a few each week. So I guess it depends on what you have in your store.

If anything you need to have what people want. And with me selling sets I have no problem getting orders. Just sold a Lego house yesterday, and smaller sets earlier this week.
  • Usually slow this time of year. Covid-19 has distorted things too, resulting in more orders as many people have had more disposable income due to not being allowed to go out. That situation is starting to change as lockdowns end, more people go back to work and the leisure industry starts to open up. Israel getting back to normal, UK soon enough, US won't be far behind, then the rest of Europe too.
  • I just reopened on Sunday after a few months off, just selling on Bricklink since last summer.

Already had 14 orders on here and 35 on Bricklink, if anything I'm a little too busy as I'm still doing a full time job!
  • As Hoddie noted, COVID is certainly skewing things for many... for US sellers, I suspect those sellers who've been able to restock since last year's wild sales (not I tho, sigh) will see a nice bump within a week or two as recovery stimulus checks start to go out/direct deposited for 90% of the households.

When LEGO Masters Season 2 premieres, that will likely cause a bump too. :-)

My data tho shows that historically, this is the slower time of year, with a spike just prior to summer, then plateaued sales until the holiday buys start.

For me, I am doing better than I frankly expected with my dwindling inventory (my presort of 500 pounds of LEGO is taking forever... down to the last three boxes though, then the cleaning and sorting binge begins! It will be nice to get back to data entry <s>)... while seeing no-sales days several days a week, the other days in quantity remain a pleasant surprise (maybe 15-20 orders a week for me right now?) That is higher than pre-COVID years for me.
  • I am a newer store, but I had 10 orders first 3 days of March. Since then it has averaged out to little over one order a day currently. If my sales continue to increase since opening in January. I am expecting 1.0 orders a day for March, was just under that in February.

With many of the other's assumptions, I expect a mixed reaction coming in the next few months in the States. Yes a good number of the population will be getting a direct deposit of relief checks this week, but so many are beginning to venture out and most likely will look to spend most of that new money on other activities than Lego.

**I feel sales will dip drastically compared to last years Covid Year, with more and more people expected to vaccinated and herd immunity set to be in-place by early May 2021. Encouraging more to get back to "normal".**
  • Been very quiet and 4 days so far not a single order. It odd when i look at the top stores and Bobs store with small inventory and little choice managed to stay top for long time and not the millionaire stores being at the top like the ones in Bricklink top listing. Normally the more you have you go to the top. I went 4th in 2014 and used to get 5-15 orders per day when my inventory was smaller than today levels.
  • I don't have much inventory, but it has been unusually slow for me too, for about two months, shipping just in Canada.
  • I just started the slowdown methinks (which I've been waiting for - my inventory is STRIPPED sigh) - down to averaging one a day the past week. :-) It'll pick up when I start inputting the new lots, but big sales won't be until next November or so - unless people are stuck inside still this summer, of course.
  • Hello everyone, I'm a brand new (french) dealer here :) I had the good surprise to have a first order on March 7 (just after opening my store), the sale went well and I had a good comment, i was happy :) . But since then, nothing. I add new references almost daily. I have a little bit of everything from complete sets, minifigs, various pieces. I propose several multiple shipping solutions so that buyers can find the one that suits them best. Therefore, even if I'm not the cheapest, I'm surprised I have no orders at all this time, knowing that I sold sets on other sites and parts on bricklink.. strange no? :smile:
  • Welcome to BO, @Tresbrick! We wish you and your store great success, this is an awesome place to sell! :-)
  • thanks Calibrick, i hope :smiley: